.22 Revolver Recommendation for Lady

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Re: .22 Revolver Recommendation for Lady

Post by VMI77 »

Kensterfly wrote:
LeonCarr wrote:I would recommend the Ruger LCR. It is available in .22LR, and the same size revolver is available when you upgrade to a .38 or .357.

I know you are asking about a .22, but I cannot seriously recommend one for self defense. Upgrade to a .38 Special or 9mm minimum as soon as she is proficient with the .22.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
As many of know, we can't make our wives carry a gun they do not like, no matter how hard we try to convince them that it's for their own good. In my case, my wife might keep a .38 in her car but she will never carry it. She has readily agreed, however, to carry my NAA Mini .22 mag (hollow points.) I'm okay with that. For now, it's that or nothing.

I agree that if she agreed to carry a larger frame .22, like the 617 or similar, she may as well carry a .38.
But the 617 is lighter and it doesn't kick. She may still prefer the .22 because the .38 snubby recoil may be hard for her to manage.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Ladies”