Article re: Gonzalez v. Castle Rock

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Article re: Gonzalez v. Castle Rock

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is an excellent article on self-defense in light of the Gonzales v. Castle Rock U.S. Supreme Court decision. BTW, this is nothing new; the Court has so held for over a century. Contrary to some of the language in article, I believe the decision was entirely correct, and not just because it helps on the Second Amendment side.

Regards,
Chas.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162325,00.html

anygunanywhere

thanks, Charles

Post by anygunanywhere »

Wendy is a strong advocate of self reliance, is prolife, and appears to be pro2A.

We need to do everything we can to recover all of the freedom the 2nd ammmendment afirms. Too much has been lost over the years. Like Wendy said in the article, the fact that the court affirmed that the police have no responsibility to protect, we should have unimpeded access to the means to defendourselves, just like the Creator intended.

Anygunanywhere.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

This is really a sad case...

But where, if the kids were taken by the father (regardless of the restraining order) and all then were killed...

Where was the defence (and reasonable person to determine the need)needed that required a firearm, and the use of force or deadly force???

I'm all for getting things like this cleared up...But if the intent was to advance the need to restrict the right of the estranged husband to possess a handgun, then I must fall back to the Emerson case file...

Just because you have a restraining order posted against you???

I may need to study the article again...I am sure it is a good one, and deserves the attention...

I guess I am just shooting from the hip again...I love the homework you give us Charles...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Ladies”