Experience with carry purses?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
lcountry
Posts in topic: 3

Experience with carry purses?

Post by lcountry »

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and hope I'm putting this in the right area. Someone, please set me straight if not!

First let me say, I prefer IWB, but can see at times when purse carry might be nice. Usually, I've found the carry purses to be bulky and pretty much not a style that I would ever want to carry. However, surprisingly at the Fort Worth gun show, I fell a little in love with some of the carry purses. (Good to see some cute ones available now!) Has anyone actually used the Montana West or American West carry purses? There is a huge price difference between the two and I would love to hear how your gun fit, how the purse lasted, useability as a carry purse, etc.

Thanks so much!

LikesShinyThings
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Experience with carry purses?

Post by LikesShinyThings »

I just wanted to say Howdy and Welcome!

I don't personally have any experience with either of the purses you mention, so I can't help you there. But yes, this is the right place for your question. I'm sure if any of the gals have had real information to share, they'll let you know.

I personally have used Coronado Leather (the first purse lasted for 5 or 10 years, the second had a seam failure on one of the loops holding the strap on in under a year - entirely repairable, I just haven't done it yet), and am currently using a Gun Totin' Mama's purse. But I tend to go for the bigger, bulkier, plain leather kind of purse. These have served me well when I'm not doing on-body carry.

LST
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

I've seen the Montana West gun purses popping up on ebay lately....aren't they cute!!! I do have a regular Montana West purse, they are great, when we (my sister and I) bought them we were told that if there was ever a problem with anything on them we could send them back and they would be repaired....this was a few years ago, I'm not sure if they still offer a warranty, I'm not sure if they are still made on the res or not?

Never heard of American West.

While I don't carry in a purse often anymore, there are times purse carry is handy. Something to think of...Depending on what you are carrying, you can often use a non-gun purse, I do. Although I do use my gun purses too. I carry an LCP, and I'll put it in my Vera Bradley...you have to have a separate pocket, but it's easy, and cheaper.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
lcountry

Post by lcountry »

Thanks for the replies, ladies! Maybe I'll buy a Montana West purse and do a review. :) They look like purses I'd carry on a daily basis so it seems like it would just be a good every day "back up" carry option. I'm just a little unsure how my gun will fit in there, but there is one way to find out!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Topic author
lcountry

Post by lcountry »

Ok, looking at bags this morning and go to http://www.theconcealmentshop.com/Handbags.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Really and truly they called their purses "Feminine Protection Handbags"? Unfortunately for better or worse, I think the term "feminine protection" has already been co-opted by another industry. :shock: Sigh.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

I've seen her site before, aren't they lovely!!! so very Texan!! something I would carry normally. Unfortunately I've never been able to catch them at a show, as far as I know they've never made a San Antonio show, course I actually can't remember the last show we've been to.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

AtkRWC

Post by AtkRWC »

My wife uses a purse with inside pocket made my Fox Creek. Very quality leather.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
It's not my job to die for my country...It's my job to provide the max opportunity for the enemy to die for his!
21 years US Army, Airborne...Air Cav
I will NEVER forget my oath! You know, all that stuff about Constitution and such!

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I recently got one of the Montana West purses. Cute - but not real sturdy. The holster is kinda funky, and I can only put a short revolver in it.

My favorite bang for the buck is Gun Tote'n Mamas. Good price and great quality.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “Ladies”