Anyone use the under arm wrap holster?

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Anyone use the under arm wrap holster?

Post by SewTexas »

Crossfire,
I would normally be able to draw just fine from under my left arm, even I'm not sure what the problem is here? I've got a severe shoulder injury preventing me from reaching that direction, I can draw at my waist, just not up under the arm.

personally, I probably wouldn't go through the neckline, unless I were wearing a dress, I'd go up the hem...but that's me, I take the easy route :shock:

I think the question for the women would be, if you were designing something new, that were to attach to your bra...would it be up high, along side of the bra band, or would it hang down a bit lower?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

http://www.daltechforce.com/concealed-c ... er-pocket/

Not being a woman and not one to wear a bra...I would think the weight of the gun on the bra would do unwanted things to how your bra rides.

That being said, the above is a possible option for eight dollars and change each. Maybe stitch the slide edge to the bra in the desired location and something to go from the trigger edge to your waist to hold it still.

Just brainstorming here...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Crossfire »

SewTexas wrote:Crossfire,
I would normally be able to draw just fine from under my left arm, even I'm not sure what the problem is here?
Different sizes, different shapes. Not to violate forum rules in my own forum, but THINGS :shock: tend to get in the way for some of us.

Because it is a cross-draw holster does make it somewhat easier, but the physical elements are still there. And, on the video, you notice she never demonstrated drawing the gun with a shirt over it. She only demonstrated with the holster on the outside. I normally wear t-shirts or polos. I am not sure that drawing from the neckline would be possible that way. Like you, I would probably have to come up through the bottom of the shirt.

It is just CHALLENGING for women to conceal, and still be accessible. Sometimes, a girl has to do what a girl has to do. And, though not my first choice - RESPONSIBLE purse carry is sometimes what you have to do.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Texascrewser
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Texascrewser »

The term physique may work?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

with dresses I like to wear my thigh holster that I made. the only thing to get in the way there is the dress itself.

I'm going to play with something for the bra though, we'll see what comes up, I've got a couple of thoughts in mind I like the idea of something that is soft and can be moved to different bras....(I didn't like the flashbang, it just didn't work for me.)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Crossfire »

Tracy - I would like to see your thigh holster. Have not found one that I cared for.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I will see what I can do about pictures...it looks alot like 'gun garter' but there isn't a ruffle and I put a binding on it so it wouldn't "bite" along the edge.
~Tracy

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

SewTexas wrote:
george wrote:That type of elastic band holster works well on guys as a deep-cover with a small automatic (PPK). But worn up high, where the pistol is almost in the armpit. But, it gets real hot and unconfortable.

You would not be able to wear it that high.

No personal experience here, but in my opinion, I would rather take a bra down to a seamstress, and have a nylon holster sewn to the side of it. The position would be a little higher, and it wouldn't get as hot as the elastic band. You can have the idea, and I hope you make a fortune!

An alternative is those undershirts that have a holster sewn in, but you have to buy them tight to prevent the pistol shifting. I wear them fishing all the time.
That is a clever idea!!! I might just have to play with it....I have a couple of old bras I can play with....oh my...the brain is on over load now....if y'al don't see me for a while it's all George's fault :thumbs2:

George, unfortunately some clever people who think like you have already come up with that idea. ;-) I am considering wearing it not so high and not under my arm, but more forward. It's supposed to be made of breathable material.

I've watched some more videos on drawing from The Betty, Flashbang etc. I like how quickly they are able to draw.

Tracy/SewTexas, if that got your sewing machine burning hot, check this out!

http://www.gungoddess.com/productimage. ... uct_id=647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And they have the lace one for ankle carry! I'm looking for lace to see if this is something I can sew also. I have a sewing machine, I just need to knock the dust off and oil it a bit. ;-) lol. It's been mostly used for curtains, pillows, military patches, Boy Scout patches etc. Any suggestions on where I can find 5 inch cream colored stretch lace??

I agree with you Crossfire, we have extra bits that God gave us. I believe that if the BG takes my purse, I'm in trouble big time and left totally defenseless. I'd rather have something than nothing. If you consider what happened to the Red Box/McDonalds victim, they patted him down and missed a pocket. Had they patted the correct pocket, things would have been much different. I believe women have the added benefit of surprise on our side. BG's don't expect it at all from women, they just want our purse or jewelry etc. I'm least likely to be patted down, in my opinion.

Wearing my gun will be another milestone for me. If I'm confident with my concealment and comfortable wearing it, then that's good enough for me right now.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

the only place to find stretch lace of any width that I've found is online. it's crazy these days. and frustrating.

I like the idea of those, but man, they are mighty proud of them aren't they?
~Tracy

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

E.Marquez wrote:I bought my wife a Air Marshal 3 from http://www.kangaroocarry.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in effort to find something that would work for her..

It was universally disliked by both her and I after wearing it for a few days.

The "band" tends to shift and bunch up.. The velcro attachment point tends to shift, and move while in use over the day.

I (we) like the idea, but in execution this one holster in this one model and size did not work. Kangaroo is a Huston based company so we plan on riding up there one day and let them "suggest" an optimal model and size, then test fit it .
E. Marquez, I do appreciate your input. I had looked at the kangaroo carry and thought it might be too stiff and didn't like black, as it would not coordinate well with my summer white blouses. Thank you for sharing both of your experiences with it.

It's good for women to share our experiences with concealment, education is the key to success.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

SewTexas wrote:the only place to find stretch lace of any width that I've found is online. it's crazy these days. and frustrating.

I like the idea of those, but man, they are mighty proud of them aren't they?
Yeah, that's what I thought! I'll warm up my machine for that!

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

I ordered it. I'll give you a review once I get it and wear it a while.

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

I got the Kangaroo Carry after my husband got one, tried it, and liked it. (It is available in beige as well as black, and being Texas we both went with beige.) I wear a polo when I use it, as I think that a t-shirt would just be too difficult to draw from (I wear my shirts tucked, so there really isn't easy access from the bottom). I've only worn it once, and the chest band did feel stiff and did chafe a bit, but I'm going to continue working with it - maybe I can take a clue from SewTexas and do a little alteration (or enhancement) on it to improve comfort.

In the meantime... I should probably practice drawing from it more. I like the position below the natural women's features. I find it conceals wonderfully there, especially since my shape adds assistance to the concealment. But that same concealment advantage does indeed lend some challenge to the drawing. Anyway, that's my $0.02.
LST
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

LikesShinyThings wrote:I got the Kangaroo Carry after my husband got one, tried it, and liked it. (It is available in beige as well as black, and being Texas we both went with beige.) I wear a polo when I use it, as I think that a t-shirt would just be too difficult to draw from (I wear my shirts tucked, so there really isn't easy access from the bottom). I've only worn it once, and the chest band did feel stiff and did chafe a bit, but I'm going to continue working with it - maybe I can take a clue from SewTexas and do a little alteration (or enhancement) on it to improve comfort.

In the meantime... I should probably practice drawing from it more. I like the position below the natural women's features. I find it conceals wonderfully there, especially since my shape adds assistance to the concealment. But that same concealment advantage does indeed lend some challenge to the drawing. Anyway, that's my $0.02.
LST
I was considering dyeing the one I bought to beige. I've never dyed material before though, shouldn't be too hard.

"Below the women's features" is what I was considering also. ;-) My carry gun does not have a hammer to cock back, so I don't worry about it catching. I will practice often. I'm just hoping this works for me because I hate carrying in my purse. This puts me at a tremendous disadvantage, I'll take the few more seconds to draw over the no opportunity to draw if my purse is snatched off my arm. (I only carry hand held purses, not over the shoulder type.) It is every woman's personal decision to make, this is MY choice at this time.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

FWIW, I got this one from Kangaroo Carry for my wife: http://www.kangaroocarry.com/index.php? ... icle&id=51. It's available in several sizes for different sized guns. She carries a Kahr CW9.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Ladies”