Review: Pistol Wear under arm holster

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 3

Review: Pistol Wear under arm holster

Post by CHLLady »

I am SO very happy with this holster! I have not worn it out yet, I wanted to practice first.
It comes in 3 colors, white, beige, and black. I chose beige to best conceal it under different colored blouses.

Hubby helped me fit it and make adjustments. I'm wearing it wrapped around my ribcage, directly underneath my bra. It measures 2 1/2 inches in width all the way around until the gun pouch. The gun pouch measures 6 inches long and 7 inches wide. With my gun in the pouch, the bulk measures 4 1/2 inches wide at the handle. (Taurus .32 subcompact). It has a magnetic snap, measures an inch in width.

The material is soft! There is no part that is itchy or uncomfortable so far. I might even be able to wear it in the summer, we'll see. It also comes with a long support strap to keep it pulled up due to the weight of the gun. It's made of stretchy bra strap material. I can't even feel it as I'm wearing it, so that's a plus. It also does not show in the V of my blouse. Once fitted, I experimented with my kids to see who could spot where I was wearing it. They never found it.

I had hubby time me as I drew my unloaded weapon with the clasp on and off around 30 times. We found that I could pull my blouse up, unsnap with my left hand, while my right hand reached in to grab the gun (without fingers in the trigger) from 1.5 seconds fastest to 2.9 seconds longest. The average seemed to be 2.3 seconds. I then tried it while carrying my purse. My heavy leather purse is always carried over my left arm at the elbow. I put my purse on my arm, walked a few steps, dropped purse with left hand, lifted and unsnapped,and drew at an average of 2.5 seconds. I realized I was tossing my purse instead of dropping it straight down, once I started doing it that way, my speed improved. I then tried to draw while facing the other direction of my make believe BG, surprisingly my times did not change.

I believe it's going to take a lot of practice to refine my technique, but so far I'm thrilled with it. I think this is my best carry option at this time. I can easily see myself forgetting it's there. I think realistically my reaction time will be around 3 seconds unprepared. (I hope!) My first objective is to ensure my kids are not in the way, etc. etc. There are so many variables to every situation. The only critique is there is no place to store an extra magazine. I will break out the sewing machine for this, it shouldn't be too difficult.

My goal was to comfortably & safely carry on my person and get it out of my purse. I'd say this holster meets my needs perfectly. I plan to buy another, so I can rotate washing and wearing. :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Review: Pistol Wear under arm holster

Post by Crossfire »

Excellent review!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Thank you! ;-)
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

LikesShinyThings

Post by LikesShinyThings »

Excellent review. Thank you.
TSRA Life Member, NRA Benefactor Member, TX CHL

LikesShinyThings

Well, I was thinking about trying to order a Pistol Wear holster, but I have a few questions and I can't for the life of me find on their site any way to contact them to ask before buying. I can't even give them the suggestion that they might want to add a "contact us" link somewhere on their page. Unfortunately, this is not a good way to encourage me to try their product.

ETA: If anyone has a way to contact them, I would be interested in it. Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to spread their information in a web forum.
Last edited by LikesShinyThings on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LikesShinyThings

With a little help from CHLLady, I got hold of the folks at The Well Armed Woman. They helped me get the right size of the Pistol Wear holster ordered, and I just got it. Let me just say this: I LOVE!!!! it! It is so soft and comfy, and it holds my pistol well. This has just become my new EDC holster! I'll check back and let y'all know if that changes after a day of wearing it, but having once worn the Kangaroo Carry for 9 hours straight, I can tell that the things that scratched me on it will not do so with the Pistol Wear.

A couple of advantages of the Pistol Wear:
- no scratchy parts against my skin (this is a big deal when planning on wearing all day long)
- the snap system for attaching around the chest - this is really great because I can set the velcro strap to the desired position once, and then after that there's no fussing to get the tightness the same next time, or to get the velcro aligned "straight" (these were issues with the Kangaroo Carry).

Nothing against the Kangaroo Carry. I just like this a LOT better.
Thanks for the lead, CHLLady. I really appreciate finding a comfortable on-body holster that easily works with my wardrobe.
LST

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We bought two of these for my wife today. Hopefully she'll start using them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

I was interested in getting a pistol wear holster, because i often wear yoga or sweatpants which makes carrying on body difficult. I prefer to carry on body and despise when I have to carry in my purse. Do you ladies know if this holster would work well for a Glock 26, which is what I carry?
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ChoqPOC wrote:I was interested in getting a pistol wear holster, because i often wear yoga or sweatpants which makes carrying on body difficult. I prefer to carry on body and despise when I have to carry in my purse. Do you ladies know if this holster would work well for a Glock 26, which is what I carry?
I'm no lady, but when I spoke to the owner of the place yesterday, she said she carries a Glock 29 in hers, which is essentially the same sized pistol but in .40 S&W.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ChoqPOC

Post by ChoqPOC »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ChoqPOC wrote:I was interested in getting a pistol wear holster, because i often wear yoga or sweatpants which makes carrying on body difficult. I prefer to carry on body and despise when I have to carry in my purse. Do you ladies know if this holster would work well for a Glock 26, which is what I carry?
I'm no lady, but when I spoke to the owner of the place yesterday, she said she carries a Glock 29 in hers, which is essentially the same sized pistol but in .40 S&W.
Awesome! Thank you for the information! I will have to check it out. Keep us posted on how your wife does with hers!
"Be so good, They can't ignore you"
CHL: May 2013 | NRA Member

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

LikesShinyThings wrote:With a little help from CHLLady, I got hold of the folks at The Well Armed Woman. They helped me get the right size of the Pistol Wear holster ordered, and I just got it. Let me just say this: I LOVE!!!! it! It is so soft and comfy, and it holds my pistol well. This has just become my new EDC holster! I'll check back and let y'all know if that changes after a day of wearing it, but having once worn the Kangaroo Carry for 9 hours straight, I can tell that the things that scratched me on it will not do so with the Pistol Wear.

A couple of advantages of the Pistol Wear:
- no scratchy parts against my skin (this is a big deal when planning on wearing all day long)
- the snap system for attaching around the chest - this is really great because I can set the velcro strap to the desired position once, and then after that there's no fussing to get the tightness the same next time, or to get the velcro aligned "straight" (these were issues with the Kangaroo Carry).

Nothing against the Kangaroo Carry. I just like this a LOT better.
Thanks for the lead, CHLLady. I really appreciate finding a comfortable on-body holster that easily works with my wardrobe.
LST

YIPPEEE!!! :thewave You are very welcome!

I'm so thrilled you like it too! I love it. I feel so comfortable and confident in it. Yes, I doubly agree about the snaps. I was concerned at first that it might wear out the Velcro, but once I got it on, I realized I would never have to worry about that because of he snaps.

ChocPoc, I carry my Taurus .32 in it. I'm certain your .28 would work. Please do practice drawing as I did in the review. I have successfully drawn without fingers in the trigger every time. I tend to go in index finger and thumb first til I hit the handle. Make sure you place the handle at the right angle for your draw. ;-)

I hope your wife likes 'em Annoyed Man. Let us know!

Return to “Ladies”