I "saved" a friend!

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
CHLLady
Posts in topic: 5

I "saved" a friend!

Post by CHLLady »

I could not believe my ears! I sat up straighter and my jaw dropped as my friend thanked me for saving her from a potentially bad situation that happened to her recently. As we ate lunch yesterday, she told me her story and thanked ME for helping her to be more aware. Wow! What an incredible feeling to have made a difference in my friend.

She had gone shopping at this consignment shop during the day with her hubby. She was browsing through the racks of clothes when she got this weird feeling of being watched. She quickly realized she was being targeted by 2 teens on either side of her. She immediately put up her guard and when he came up close bumping her shoulder where her purse was, she turned and bumped him back and told him something and walked off. She said his friend started laughing like he thought it was funny he got caught trying to set her up. She went to hubby and he was on a business call, and she told him they had to leave.

She thanked me for helping her to be more aware of her surroundings. I explained to her about situational awareness and her survival instincts and what her body was telling her. We recently had discussed the "knock out game" and I guess something I told her made her more aware. She swears to me that if I had not talked to her about it, she would not have realized what was happening. I asked her what set off her alarm bells, and she said it was when she realized he was not really looking at the shirts on the rack, he was casually touching the shoulders, but not pulling it as aside to look and when he bumped her, she knew instantly he was up to no good. I praised her for her quick reaction and for not trying to rationalize their behavior. She said that she initially felt the first disturbance when they blocked her in the long aisle. She felt like they teamed up.

I am just so proud of her! I went on to give her more tips on entering and leaving stores, how to properly carry her purse, and how to fake out a BG by pretending she has a gun in her purse. I brought her my book The Gift of Fear last night and asked her to read it. My casual conversation made a difference to my friend. I'm so grateful! Now to get her to the point of chl! Lol. Baby steps...
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I "saved" a friend!

Post by C-dub »

Her eyes have been opened. What do you think her odds of getting her CHL are?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildBill »

C-dub wrote:What do you think her odds of getting her CHL are?
Probably, much better than before. :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

C-dub wrote:Her eyes have been opened. What do you think her odds of getting her CHL are?
I don't know. She knows I carry and has asked me about it. I've shared how comfortable I am with it now. She is under the assumption that its in my purse. I've not corrected her yet. I have asked her to go shooting with me at my instructor's range and she was very open to the idea, which is encouraging. :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Way to go CHLLady! :thumbs2: That's the way to get people to start taking responsibility for their own security and well being. Talk to her about getting a CHL and further training. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Thank you! :mrgreen: I will! My goal is to get her to the range with my instructor.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

wow! scary!!

even if she's not ready to carry, the next step for her might be the "don't be a victim" class. alot of gals have gone from that class to the chl class.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Great work, CHL Lady

Your thoughtfulness in sharing your knowledge saved a friend from a bad time.

I hope she follows up and continues to learn about taking responsibility for her own safety.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

It just keeps getting better and better. She wants to go shooting AND get her CHL! She texted me last night. What an incredible thing. It's only a matter of time through her confidence and experience she will influence another friend of ours to get their license! My dream would be to go to lunch with every lady at the table carrying concealed. That would be the ultimate!

Thank you!

Tracy, Yes, I've wanted to take that course, but nobody around here teaches it. :???: I'm still on the lookout though. :thumbs2:

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Great news, good job :clapping:
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

That's the way to roll! :thewave
We ladies might be thick-headed at times coming to the realization a gun can be a girl's best chance at avoiding some horrific things, but once we do--we are liable to become gun nuts. Don't ask me how I know :evil2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Topic author
CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

TexasGal wrote:That's the way to roll! :thewave
We ladies might be thick-headed at times coming to the realization a gun can be a girl's best chance at avoiding some horrific things, but once we do--we are liable to become gun nuts. Don't ask me how I know :evil2:

I hear you! I'm getting there myself. :mrgreen: I've been finding myself pondering my next gun.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

CHLLady ,

Wow!

Very impressive!!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

CHLLady wrote:
TexasGal wrote:That's the way to roll! :thewave

I hear you! I'm getting there myself. :mrgreen: I've been finding myself pondering my next gun.
Uh oh, you've been infected. There is no cure, but it can be managed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Ladies”