As if choosing a holster wasnt hard enough...

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
asbandr
Posts in topic: 7

Re: As if choosing a holster wasnt hard enough...

Post by asbandr »

Well since I original wrote this post, I've acquired quite a few holsters! I did get on well armed woman and ordered a kydex iwb, a flash bang, I have a remora, and 2 leather holsters I made myself. I'm working on creating a thigh holster and then I should be set in the holster department!
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My wife has a couple of these, and they conceal well:
http://www.thewellarmedwoman.com/holste ... rm-holster
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife has a couple of these, and they conceal well:

I'd like one of those.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife has a couple of these, and they conceal well:
I absolutely love mine! Best first holster ever. I don't feel self conscious wearing it whatsoever. :thumbs2:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Selina Kyle »

I realize this is an older thread, so please forgive me for resurrecting it....

I have a Cross Breed IWB holster on the way that I can use around the house till my CHL arrives. I was wondering if anyone has tried both the Femme Fatale corset holster and the Flash Bang, and which did you prefer? I wear a lot of dresses, especially in the summer. Also, can the flash bang be worn with a strapless bra? I know I want another holder for non-jeans days, just trying to figure out what's best. I see that some ladies have tried either or, but I didn't see where anyone has tried both.

****I know this post refers to undergarments, so I'm very sorry if it offends anyone.****
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

aaangel wrote:as soon as i see gym pants,skirts and shorts.....this one always rings a bell!

http://www.pistolwear.com/trump-card-su ... t-holster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
instead of those half solution get a 5.11 compression shirt. Excellent quality.
http://www.511tactical.com/apparel/shir ... zgc6fD_BwE
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Search the forum for belly band holster. There's a ton of stuff on it. If you're going to make your own, you'll get some good ideas by seeing what different manufacturers do. The key is to make sure the trigger is covered. Don't forget to build some holders for extra mags.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

Selina Kyle wrote:I realize this is an older thread, so please forgive me for resurrecting it....

I have a Cross Breed IWB holster on the way that I can use around the house till my CHL arrives. I was wondering if anyone has tried both the Femme Fatale corset holster and the Flash Bang, and which did you prefer? I wear a lot of dresses, especially in the summer. Also, can the flash bang be worn with a strapless bra? I know I want another holder for non-jeans days, just trying to figure out what's best. I see that some ladies have tried either or, but I didn't see where anyone has tried both.

****I know this post refers to undergarments, so I'm very sorry if it offends anyone.****
I only use the flashbang and my leather iwb holster. I can wear my flash bang with my sig p238 with a lot of tops, but if they're very fitted (dresses too) you can see my the bulge of the grip. Ask me how I know.... :roll:
Anyhow, I wouldn't try wearing the flashbang with a strapless. I suppose if you had a lighter gun, like my keltec p32 that's under 10 oz loaded.
Some lessons I've learned with the flashbang: make sure there's plenty of room for your gun and, well, you know. If you have an ill fitting bra the gun and, other stuff, have to fight for real estate and guess which loses? I've had that problem and when I bent down and came up my sig was horizontal and very obvious. Also, I like wearing it in the "deep concealment" position which holds it a little higher up and feels more secure for me, but if you wear it like that with a small gun you can lose the whole thing in there. My advice? Try to stick with a bra with a thinner gore (between the girls). Be sure to practice drawing a cleared gun out of it with different types of outfits so you'll know the best way to draw and how quickly you can produce. And another piece of advice is for safety sake, holster before putting on the bra. Otherwise you're basically aiming a loaded gun at your chest/head to get it into the holster.
I'm about to try making a thigh holster for my keltec for times when the flash bang and iwb won't work.
Good luck!
I'm a mom who demands action. Single action, double action, single/double action. I'm an equal action shooter.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe. - Luke 11:21

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

Thank you so much!!!! That is very helpful advice. I wouldn't have thought about putting the holster on first. I'm going to carry my LCP, so it should be pretty easy to conceal. Still waiting for my CHL, but I'll happily practice at home. :mrgreen:
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Topic author
asbandr

Post by asbandr »

Best thing to do. It makes carrying in public so much easier after getting the plastic when you're used to carrying at home. Plus you can do frequent mirror checks to be sure you're properly concealed, that way you won't feel constantly exposed in public or pull on your clothes all the time.

Texascrewser

Post by Texascrewser »

Not to hijack this, but did you fix the problem of it flipping out? My wife has the same problem sometimes with her PT709.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

I could never fix the problem of my LCP flipping out. I pretty much stopped wearing mine.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

OldCannon
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCannon »

aaangel wrote:as soon as i see gym pants,skirts and shorts.....this one always rings a bell!

http://www.pistolwear.com/trump-card-su ... t-holster/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just got one of these (the PT-2, actually) for my Shield. I jog a lot more now, and wanted something that would be easier to tuck away. I LOVE it. Much nicer than the Galco belly band.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jason K »

Selina Kyle: Have you looked at the Marilyn holster by Flashbang. It puts the pistol in a shoulder holster-like position in your bra. Might work for your needs.

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

Jason K wrote:Selina Kyle: Have you looked at the Marilyn holster by Flashbang. It puts the pistol in a shoulder holster-like position in your bra. Might work for your needs.
I actually have, and it's on my list of potential holsters. Thanks so much! I'm pleased to see so many options out there.
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Return to “Ladies”