51% sign on a non-bar location

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
julie@traynham.com
Posts in topic: 2

51% sign on a non-bar location

Post by julie@traynham.com »

My boys have been going to gymnastics at Sokol Ft Worth for 7 years. They have always had the typical blue TABC sign up as they do rent the place out and serve alcohol during those special occasions. I have been to 1 event (maybe) that they had the bar open years ago. However, they never have it open when the kids are around (even for parents just waiting). They have special events about 5-6 times a year and these are almost always rent-outs for birthday parties/weddings/etc. I was there about a month ago when the TABC person came in and told her that they had to put up the 51% sign on the window. It doesn't make since on a day to day basis. My kids go to gymnastics there and it is a pain to disarm to go in to sign them in and out every class period. Can someone help me understand why this location would be a felony to carry in?

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 51% sign on a non-bar location

Post by Pawpaw »

As strange as it sounds, their TABC license says "Gun Sign: RED", so it is a 51% location.
SOKOL.JPG
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Pawpaw wrote:As strange as it sounds, their TABC license says "Gun Sign: RED", so it is a 51% location.
SOKOL.JPG
51% vendor sharing a building with an otherwise non-prohibited place? Another reason to remove 51% locations from the books...

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Julie, perhaps you just stumbled onto the hottest "secret" nightclub around!!!! Nextime ask them if there are some secret doors and if they throw raves at night! Make it into a joke, this will hide your reasoning for wanting to know!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
julie@traynham.com

Post by julie@traynham.com »

This is the same gym that my husband went to from about 1980-1991 and my boys have been going to for the last 6 years. As my boys have started getting older (ages 12 and 14) they now have the job of tearing down the gym for the special events (which is how I know how rarely they have them). We know every inch of that gym including storage buildings. The night the Food and Alcohol guy guy came, I actually watched him drive around the facility several times and leave and it was making me a bit nervous until he stopped and talked with a cop (whose child actually goes there and who I think was paying attention to his behavior as well) and then he parked and came in. I guess I see the intent behind the law, but the application of it here is annoying. I also believe that they are not reporting "concession" sales at all as the man commented as only alcohol was reported in sales. They sell candy bars and sodas for a dollar each. I wonder if ~$5/day of sales if reported there would change the balance as I know the ETOH sales are not frequent.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Church event in the parking lot at San Antonio.

http://i.imgur.com/TImhJym.jpg
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

nightmare69 wrote:Church event in the parking lot at San Antonio.

Obviously not Baptist.

:thewave

casp625

Post by casp625 »

Luckily 51% areas don't include parking lots or sidewalks.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

wheelgun1958 wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:Church event in the parking lot at San Antonio.

Obviously not Baptist.

:thewave

It is said that Jews do not recognize the New Testament,
that Anglicans don't recognize the Pope of Rome and
Baptists don't recognize each other in package stores.

:biggrinjester:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”