Gun Show Vs. online/store

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
swc007
Posts in topic: 1

Gun Show Vs. online/store

Post by swc007 »

Are prices normally better at a gun show or online?

Justin Franklin

Re: Gun Show Vs. online/store

Post by Justin Franklin »

swc007 wrote:Are prices normally better at a gun show or online?
I used to compare prices all over the place, but I've decided it's just not worth it anymore. I may still compare prices between two places, but that's about as far as I go these days. If you already know what you want, then looking at the all the different internet sites and paying the FFL transfer fees just makes it a huge pain the you know what. Driving from store to store to store is also a huge pain. Buy your guns from reputable places where you know you'll get good service if you ever need it.

If you don't know what you want and your local store doesn't have a huge selection, then a gun show may just be your best bet.

I always try to support my local business / gun store whenever possible! Even if I see something at the gun show, I'm more likely to get it from or order it through my local gun store. I like to know I've a place to go if something isn't right.
Help support the Second Amendment by joining the NRA! We would not have a CHL program without them!

Southeast Texas CHL
Concealed Handgun Classes in League City
http://www.setxchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

In general, store>gun show>online

I always use budsgunshop.com as my benchmark. I have a good FFL to work with. If within $10-20 after all costs (tax, shipping, FFL transfer) accounted for, I just buy local. Never bought a thing from gun store as their prices are almost always higher.

If you want super deals, just hang around the forum discussing your particular gun. Sometimes, dream deals came up. I bought my NIB HK USP that way. I am not an HK fan and had no intention to buy one but it's just too good a deal to pass by.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dalto

Post by dalto »

Stupid wrote:In general, store>gun show>online.
In general, I agree with this but it depends on the vendors involved. Both gun show and online prices are all over the board.

It also depends on how expensive an item you are talking about. Buying online may save you sales tax which can make a big difference on a large dollar item.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Stupid wrote:I always use budsgunshop.com as my benchmark. I have a good FFL to work with. If within $10-20 after all costs (tax, shipping, FFL transfer) accounted for, I just buy local. Never bought a thing from gun store as their prices are almost always higher.
If you're in the DFW area, Big Slim's will waive the FFL fee if they can't match the price on a new gun.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”