Shooting test

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Shooting test

Post by Keith B »

MoJo wrote:When a student shoots one ragged hole I tell them "Thanks that makes my job easier."
I like telling them 'Well, you have only one hole in your target; that's only 5 points after 30 rounds. :mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

alphonso
Posts in topic: 1

Post by alphonso »

My last requalifying target had 49 (or maybe 50) rounds in the 10 and one round WAY WAY down on the lower right in the blue of the B-27 target.

I'm pretty sure that the errant round wasn't mine, but, what the hell, there are no excuses at the range...

punkndisorderly

Post by punkndisorderly »

What surprised me was the number of people who showed up at the instructor course in Austin with guns they had never shot before (particularlyrevolvers) and had no spare. It's one thing to fail a class you paid $100 for and drove five miles. The thought of failing after driving hundreds of miles, staying in a hotel and blowing four days because you brought gear with problems? Odd.
Texas CHL Instructor

CombatWombat

Post by CombatWombat »

when I took my chl qual me and the guy next to me put all 50 in the center, we were told to grade the person's target beside us. we walked down range, looked at each others targets, looked at each other wrote down the scores and walked back talking about were we learned to shoot while the rest of the class continued to count

before anyone jumps me for it the instructor went back through to check the targets
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Chuck Norris once sneezed on an 18 wheeler, the result was Optimus Prime.

Kimber Tactical Ultra II
Crimson Trace Laser grips
CrossBreed Super Tuck

gordonramsay

Post by gordonramsay »

there was one guy at the range that did that in a private CHL class. He was definitely using a .38 k-frame revolver. Absolutely no shots in the 5 zone and the instructor told him, better practice some more. The target looked liked someone got a shotgun and unloaded with a shell of no.8 shot at 15 yards.
NSSA/NSCA

GEM-Texas

Post by GEM-Texas »

When I took the test once, a guy came up to me and said I shot TOO well - because I had a very tight center group. If I went to court for shooting a BG, then I would be asked why I didn't shoot his knees out. He knew this because he was a professional sniper.

Sound advice - :lol:

I have seen people shoot the next target or the absolute bottom of the target at the closest distance. Load the rounds in the mag backwards.

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Did the instructor flunk them or were they too big to fail?
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”