CHL's and felony charges?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Gambit
Posts in topic: 8

Re: CHL's and felony charges?

Post by Gambit »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
jiannichan wrote:After reading some of the responses in this thread and seeing some people ineligible to get a CHL in Texas but is able to get an out of state license to carry, are the charges/convictions not serious enough to prohibit them from owning or purchasing a firearm for them to carry with said out of state licenses? Just curious...
Some states have less stringent requirements than Texas. I have wondered if a person might run into problems when they used a weapon in self defense carrying a non-resident permit, but would not be illegible to have a chl under Texas laws.
Jianichan
You can purchase a firearm if you are not a convicted felon. I believe that if you can purchase a pistol you should be able to carry it.

I wonder myself; it makes you think about the repercussions and how important that ultimate descision to draw it, if the choice was forced id give my life or jailtime for any of my loved ones. The other would be living a life knowing that a family member was in dire straights and i chose not to because of fear of the law.

The circumstance would be to risk leagal retribution or death of yourself or loved one; the choice is easy for me.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Re: CHL's and felony charges?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have always lived by the creed... "I would rather be tried by 12, than carried by six".

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”