Anyone carry at their job?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anyone carry at their job?

Post by longtooth »

Angelina County.
I was in a business yesterday & the owner saw my sign on the truck. Conversation insued & ofcoarse I asked if he had one. Yes sir. Quick look over & yes pocket carry.
We talked more & I cant speak for other cities, counties, small towns or the metroplexes but armed robbers in Angelina county need to stick to the quickstops that have those stupid laws about no carry on the job.
There are a LOT of small businesses in Angelina Co that are NOT gun stores that are armed & not just the owner.
I read Charles response:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:My law firm has a firearms policy. If you don't have a CHL when you are hired, you have 90 days to get one and have a gun in the office. If you don't make the 90 deadline, it can be extended 60 upon a showing of good cause, but your salary goes down 25% for that 60 day period. If you don't have it by the end of the 60 day grace period, you are fired and we hire your ex-wife/ex-husband. :biggrinjester:

Chas.

& know a business here that has the same policy only not the 60 day extension.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wmk »

Nope. Cannot per company policy. Excerpt quoted below. IMO, the "including company parking lots" statement is now superseded by state law, so my EDC remains locked in my car while I'm in my office. Company just hasn't updated (and probably won't) the policy to reflect the change in the law.
Not sure how "other weapons of any kind" is interpreted. I carry either a Leatherman or a SOG-style thumb opening knife every day.

"WEAPONS POLICY
XXXX prohibits the possession, use, or distribution of any of the following prohibited items inside its facilities and buildings, on company property (including company parking lots) or when operating company vehicles:
• Firearms and explosives (whether or not the employee has been issued a license to carry a handgun)
• Other weapons of any kind

XXXX companies reserve the right to search any employee entering or present in company facilities and buildings. XXXX companies also reserve the right to search the personal effects, office furniture, and lockers of employees for any items mentioned above. By entering or remaining on company property, any person is deemed to have consented to such searches, which may be done randomly with or without notice. Such searches may involve the use of electronic detection devices or photographic equipment.
Desks, lockers, and other storage devices may be provided for the convenience of employees but remain the sole property of the company. Accordingly, any agent or representative of XXXX companies may inspect them, as well as any articles found within them, at any time, either with or without prior notice.
Any employee who refuses to submit to a search or who is found possessing any of the prohibited items listed above is subject to discipline, up to and including termination."
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:My law firm has a firearms policy. If you don't have a CHL when you are hired, you have 90 days to get one and have a gun in the office. If you don't make the 90 deadline, it can be extended 60 upon a showing of good cause, but your salary goes down 25% for that 60 day period. If you don't have it by the end of the 60 day grace period, you are fired and we hire your ex-wife/ex-husband. :biggrinjester:

Chas.
Charles doesn't always display his sense of humor here, but he's on fire today. I've only met him once, at one of his seminars, and as serious as the topic was he was still pretty funny at times.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Mhoward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mhoward »

Self employed. Sig226 on the hip and my M&P40 on a special shelf I put under my desk. I have a few liberal employees but the majority of us all shoot for sport, I am the only one here with a CHL. I even have one guy that runs a business on the side that caters equipment for Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), even has his own ammunition brand for competitive shooting. :fire
Attachments
Little shelf under my desk.
Little shelf under my desk.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”