How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TXRuger
Posts in topic: 4

Re: How many of us will be renewing just after Sept 1?

Post by TXRuger »

TLE2 wrote:I just renewed, Sept 2, 2013 11:49AM.

Still has requirement for training: CHL-100 Certificate of Training (received from CHL instructor upon course completion)

I wonder if I should have waited a few days?
Please read this post:
6 Point Star wrote:E-mail from DPS to instructors had the following note:

" No training is required for CHL renewal. CHL holders will simply apply online and submit the supporting documents for discounted fees or special conditions. NOTE: At this time, the receipt page (CHL checklist) will still indicate a CHL-100 is required. Programming required to remove this language is underway; until the “check list” is updated, applicants may disregard the statement requiring a CHL-100."

Jerry

rocinante
Posts in topic: 11

Post by rocinante »

What if one has no discounted fees or special conditions. Will one still have to return the checklist, where the only item on the checklist is the checklist itself?

TLE2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TLE2 »

What if one has no discounted fees or special conditions. Will one still have to return the checklist, where the only item on the checklist is the checklist itself?
Good question, anyone have an answer? :headscratch
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

geoelectro

Post by geoelectro »

Renewed on Sept 2nd. My CHL expires on Nov. 11th. We'll see if it gets here on time...

:cool:

Geo
Glock 19
Taurus PT 917c

NRA Member
CHL Holder

mikeloc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mikeloc »

I went online, submitted and paid the $100 for instructor renewal etc. Logged off went back on to submit my application for CHL renewal and was not allowed too. (Application in process?) I'll try to contact DPS if that's possible.

I hope I get to renew my Texas CHL; if not at least my Utah or Arizona license should hold over until I finally get my instructor renewal complete and can start my license renewal.

Mike :???: :rules:

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

According to DPS, over the phone, for renewal after Sept 1, the checklist doesn't have to be returned if there are no special conditions.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

My renewal application status just change from "waiting for required materials" to "Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress."

(And of course, I just mailed the unaccompanied checklist this morning :-) But I seriously doubt they've received it already.)

maxpower
Posts in topic: 10

Post by maxpower »

rocinante wrote:My renewal application status just change from "waiting for required materials" to "Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress."

(And of course, I just mailed the unaccompanied checklist this morning :-) But I seriously doubt they've received it already.)
when did you renew? I renewed Sunday 9/1 and my status is still at 'waiting for required documents'. I sent in the barcode Wednesday but it sounds like it is not needed. what a screwed up system, they did take my money though

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

maxpower wrote:
rocinante wrote:My renewal application status just change from "waiting for required materials" to "Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress."

when did you renew? I renewed Sunday 9/1 and my status is still at 'waiting for required documents'. I sent in the barcode Wednesday but it sounds like it is not needed. what a screwed up system, they did take my money though
I filled out the online application well before 9/1. I had trouble getting into a class, due both to my travel schedule and the reduced number of renewal classes. I took a chance on the class requirement going away after 9/1 even though I applied before that. It seems, so far, to have worked out.

stormbringerr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stormbringerr »

you should not need to send any documents or checklist if renewing on or after 9-1-13,i wish dps would stay up to date w/the chl laws :rules:
later, Stormbringerr

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
Carl Jung

smittyM&P9c
Posts in topic: 2

Post by smittyM&P9c »

Seeing some progress!! I completed the online application on Sept 1, and have done nothing else. I did not mail in the checklist. My license expired on the 7th so I'm anxious to get this done!

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Under review
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Not required for renewal
Photo : Not required for renewal
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

maxpower

Post by maxpower »

smittyM&P9c wrote:Seeing some progress!! I completed the online application on Sept 1, and have done nothing else. I did not mail in the checklist. My license expired on the 7th so I'm anxious to get this done!

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

I applied at 11 AM on 9/1 but my status is still:

"License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

rocinante

Post by rocinante »

I suspect someone has to manually mark the "required materials" as received, until the system gets updated to stop requiring them in the first place. If true, it will probably take them a while to update every single application.

maxpower

Post by maxpower »

smittyM&P9c wrote:Seeing some progress!! I completed the online application on Sept 1, and have done nothing else. I did not mail in the checklist. My license expired on the 7th so I'm anxious to get this done!

my renewal status was just updated to this 'application in progress' :hurry:

Topic author
MikeHoncho
Posts in topic: 7

Post by MikeHoncho »

Max, thanks for the update. I renewed 9/3 and it still shows "waiting"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”