Post by SC1903A3 »

LeonCarr
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another CHL Shooting in Dallas

Post by LeonCarr »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

I'm impressed. He took two hits from a tire iron and was still able to stop the threat. :fire
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

gljjt

Post by gljjt »

This is why you carry one in the pipe. Tire iron to the head then: Is my gun loaded? I'm pulling the trigger and nothings happening.

Better: point and shoot.

TresHuevos

Post by TresHuevos »

Keeping with the season, "I'm TresHuevos and I approve of this shooting." :tiphat:
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic deeds." - C.S. Lewis
My State Rep Joe Moody is a liberal puke who won't even acknowledge my communications with him. How about yours?

Charlies.Contingency
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

SC1903A3 wrote:Here's another shooting.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2014/10 ... iron.html/
Wow! Good job on his part enduring a beating with a tire iron, and being able to give him is $.02 worth, or probably about $.80 worth, that seems to be the going rate for some bullets! Of course some states would say that it wasn't justified , because our CHL holder could have run away, but thank goodness the great state of Texas has been preserving our right better than the rest! :txflag:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I hope the victim will be okay.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

CoffeeNut wrote:I'm impressed. He took two hits from a tire iron and was still able to stop the threat. :fire
In one shot to boot! :tiphat:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

ripnbst

Post by ripnbst »

Kudos to the winner.

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

+1 for the good guys.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:

Wow! Good job on his part enduring a beating with a tire iron, and being able to give him is $.02 worth, or probably about $.80 worth, that seems to be the going rate for some bullets! Of course some states would say that it wasn't justified , because our CHL holder could have run away, but thank goodness the great state of Texas has been preserving our right better than the rest! :txflag:
You must get a discount on ammo or something if you're getting the good stuff for $0.80 a round. I normally carry Critical Duty and have to pay about $1.10 a round.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

VMI77 wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:

You must get a discount on ammo or something if you're getting the good stuff for $0.80 a round. I normally carry Critical Duty and have to pay about $1.10 a round.
That's what I last payed when buying critical duty, but as I think about it, I get a huge discount where I go. Bad info! :boxing
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

The article said:

"The shooter has not been arrested or charged in connection with the incident. The case will be referred to a Dallas County grand jury. "

So what's this guy going to experience, cost-wise, even if the grand jury decides to not charge him? Is he going to be out thousands of dollars for lawyers and court expenses, etc.? We can learn from an incident like this.
-Ruark

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Ruark wrote:The article said:

"The shooter has not been arrested or charged in connection with the incident. The case will be referred to a Dallas County grand jury. "

So what's this guy going to experience, cost-wise, even if the grand jury decides to not charge him? Is he going to be out thousands of dollars for lawyers and court expenses, etc.? We can learn from an incident like this.
I think, at this point, his cost will be very minimal to nothing. There is no defense presented at a Grand Jury hearing. He wasn't arrested, so there's no bail. Unless he retained an attorney, he may not be out any money.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”