East Dallas Meetup Pics

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Re: East Dallas Meetup Pics

Post by Bitter Clinger »

I, for one, definitely prefer an outdoor range. Something with a longer rifle range and a tactical range would be great!

This place looks interesting, it was just posted on another thread:

http://www.proactivedefense.net/tactical-range.html
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

baldeagle wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:Bet that was noisy with the tunnel berm right in front and the shooting stations being enclosed like that.
It was, and you could feel the blast standing five feet behind them. But there is no question that the range is safe. There won't be any fliers causing lawsuits like there was at Garland Shooting Range.
Suppressors. That's the ticket. My .308 SCAR was LOUD. My suppressed AR was nice and quiet. I've GOT to stop procrastinating and mount that muzzle device I have for the SCAR so that I can suppress it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

Bitter Clinger wrote:I, for one, definitely prefer an outdoor range. Something with a longer rifle range and a tactical range would be great!

Yikes. $25 an hour???? Too rich for my blood.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

baldeagle wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:I, for one, definitely prefer an outdoor range. Something with a longer rifle range and a tactical range would be great!

Yikes. $25 an hour???? Too rich for my blood.
Agreed. If there is an interest, and if we have no members on the forum, then we would have to approach for a group rate and see if there is room to move. If not, I am sure that there are other ranges / options, this was just as an example more than anything else. Thanks again for putting together a terrific Saturday, I spent all day today recovering being that I am just a "carpet walker", and probably spend more time sitting than walking anyway, during the work week :oops:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Beiruty »

We need have a shoot at Dallas Pistol Club friendly matches, Tom's Personal Protection Match is the best match in DFW, $20 for the match last from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on 2nd Saturdays of each Month.

http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/persona ... ction.html

For long range, 500yards, we can go to Topgun range. Very friendly, $25 per day, you drive golf carts to go to your targets.

http://topguntexas.com/
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

The PPM atches at Dallas PC are very good and weather permitting would be a great thing to do. Count me in please, also the steel shotgun only matches are my favorite.
Stay Safe

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Beiruty wrote:We need have a shoot at Dallas Pistol Club friendly matches, Tom's Personal Protection Match is the best match in DFW, $20 for the match last from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on 2nd Saturdays of each Month.

http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/persona ... ction.html

For long range, 500yards, we can go to Topgun range. Very friendly, $25 per day, you drive golf carts to go to your targets.

http://topguntexas.com/
:iagree: I'm in! Let's do it!
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

New poll is started for Feb 13 2016 match.

I just noticed that there is a special 8-stage match next Saturday Jan 30 2016 to raise funds for a fellow shooter who is battling cancer.
More info at the home page here: http://dallaspistolclub.com
Beiruty,

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SA-TX »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:Bet that was noisy with the tunnel berm right in front and the shooting stations being enclosed like that.
It was, and you could feel the blast standing five feet behind them. But there is no question that the range is safe. There won't be any fliers causing lawsuits like there was at Garland Shooting Range.
Suppressors. That's the ticket. My .308 SCAR was LOUD. My suppressed AR was nice and quiet. I've GOT to stop procrastinating and mount that muzzle device I have for the SCAR so that I can suppress it.
TAM, speaking of, have any advice/suggestions/recommendations? I have an AR in carbine length and have been considering a "can". Before I begin researching them I'd love to hear the voice of experience (perhaps a thread in Rifles or PM would be better so as to not hijack this one).

SA-TX

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SA-TX wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
TAM, speaking of, have any advice/suggestions/recommendations? I have an AR in carbine length and have been considering a "can". Before I begin researching them I'd love to hear the voice of experience (perhaps a thread in Rifles or PM would be better so as to not hijack this one).

SA-TX
I'll PM you. Just know that I am not "the voice of experience" compared to other guys on this forum who've had them a lot longer than I've had mine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Doing a bit of resurrection to ask a question. I can't remember who had the bullpup rifle with the red dot style sight on it. Was going to get one for my AR. PM or reply either way.
NRA Benefactor Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Jago668 wrote:Doing a bit of resurrection to ask a question. I can't remember who had the bullpup rifle with the red dot style sight on it. Was going to get one for my AR. PM or reply either way.

It was "The Marshal".
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Thank you sir. He hit me up with a PM while I was out watching Deadpool.
NRA Benefactor Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Jago668 wrote:Thank you sir. He hit me up with a PM while I was out watching Deadpool.
Did you like the movie? X-men hero on the loose called back Mr. Giant Steel. That lady at the end scene was horrible news. Where is Hunk When you need him?
Beiruty,

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”