ms gamboogal and I will always keep ours current
We would prefer that all folks have LTC’s - but that’s just us
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Will you renew your CHL?

Post by aaangel »

same here, yes ill renew! for all the reasons above. plus when i get pulled over, i like to show my LTC to let 'em know im one of the good guys :coolgleamA: and maybe some chance of getting a warning :nono: :rules: "rlol"
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Yep! I will keep mine current.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Definitely!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ntexaschl

Post by ntexaschl »

I'll renew. I'm proud of my license.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 pm Yes I will renew.

I am sure there are more, but these pop up in my minds pretty quick.
No NICS Checks buying guns.
Reciprocity with other States.
Driving through School Zones lawfully with my LTC.
Legally pass the signs below that are at Walmart, Kroger’s, etc…

02E6A0BC-CAEE-4021-BE21-D6D67A5B3F6F.png
Yes for all of the reasons Carl listed
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AF-Odin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:14 am Certainly, for all of the reasons previously posted. According to the testimony that Dr. john Lott gave the House Committee during the hearings, those states that enacted some form of Permitless Carry saw an initial drop in CHL/CWP/LTC applications, but those numbers increased to previous levels or higher after about 6-9 months. Folks realized that knowledge of the law was essential to avoiding some of the issues of being in the wrong place and what was and was not effective notice as well as a desire for the benefits of reciprocity.
I am regularly asked by fingerprinting customers if it is worth getting an LTC in light of the new law, and my answer is ALWAYS yes. And one of the reasons is because the law still applies to them whether or not they have the license, and where else are they going to learn the law? They had BETTER know the law if they’re going to walk around with a gun strapped on.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

wally775

Post by wally775 »

I will. Yes I shall.
:tiphat:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tex1961 »

The firm I work with teaches at Cabella's.. Effective just this week all classes have been canceled due to low turnout. We still process online students and I take care of some of the range qualifications for them. We are averaging only about 20 students per month. Many are taking the course think that this is a basic pistol course and will teach them how to handle a pistol. They are sure surprised when when find out different. I offer private lessons so that they can qualify afterwards.

I've been working on a blended course for those that don't want to get their LTC but want to carry come 9/1 but realize they don't have any skills or knowledge. A combination of basic pistol and basic Texas laws..

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:27 pm I've been working on a blended course for those that don't want to get their LTC but want to carry come 9/1 but realize they don't have any skills or knowledge. A combination of basic pistol and basic Texas laws..
Great idea!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Definitely yes for all the reasons already stated.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Very interesting to see those that already have their CHL plans to continue to renew it. I guess the ones that will choose to carry without a CHL will be those who do not already have one and do not realize the benefits of having it.

I definitely plan to keep mine.

:tiphat:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Mrs. VolTexan and I will most definitely renew ours, and have no plans to ever stop doing so.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:27 pm The firm I work with teaches at Cabella's.. Effective just this week all classes have been canceled due to low turnout. We still process online students and I take care of some of the range qualifications for them. We are averaging only about 20 students per month. Many are taking the course think that this is a basic pistol course and will teach them how to handle a pistol. They are sure surprised when when find out different. I offer private lessons so that they can qualify afterwards.

I've been working on a blended course for those that don't want to get their LTC but want to carry come 9/1 but realize they don't have any skills or knowledge. A combination of basic pistol and basic Texas laws..
Karl Rhen (KR Training) has been offering his Basic Pistol 2 for decades. It covers gun handling/shooting and culminates in the LTC course of fire. This course also meets state requirements for online LTC course completion. https://krtraining.com/KRTraining/Class ... oltwo.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:59 pm Do you plan to renew your CHL once unlicensed carry becomes effective? I plan to renew my CHL when it expires. What is your reasoning for your decision?
My family and I will be renewing our LTCs.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”