A Reanimated Active Killer

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

A Reanimated Active Killer

Post by Paladin »

Interesting video and discussion of Houston Police Shoot Active shooter Suspect At a Mall:

WARNING GRAPHIC

WARNING GRAPHIC

Tactical Training Scenario- A Reanimated Active Killer

The active shooter went down, but moments later got back up again. While this even involved law enforcement, it is a real world scenario that LTC's might also face a reanimated active shooter.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Reanimated Active Killer

Post by Tex1961 »

A little embarrassed to tell my credentials to a crowd, but a little proud of myself as well for standing up for arguing against misinformation.

About 8 months ago I was invited to a seminar on self defense insurance at a local range. The room was packed with people (around 50 or more). Up front was this lady attorney who was talking about what you should and should not do after a SD situation. She's yammering on and sets up a scene of being in a 7/11 type store. (Understand before this scenario I was already having my doubts about her advise). Anyway she tells everyone that if you have to shoot someone you should immediately put your gun on the counter and step away and call 911 and their attorney hotline.. That pretty much crossed the line with me and I couldn't hold back. I stood up and said NO. You are giving out wrong and dangerous advise to these people. (The crowd was LTC and people interested in getting their LTC). She just sort of stared at me for a second. I didn't want to say this but I felt that I should give my bonfide's since I was arguing with an attorney. I actually turned in a small circle to the crowd and said. I AM A LTC INSTRUCTOR. And the advice you are giving these people is wrong and dangerous.. You DO NOT give up your weapon in this type of situation. You do not know if the BG is just hurt and could still be a danger. You also do not know if he has a partner who might still attack... You should go ahead and at least re-holster if you feel the scene is secure, but you never walk away from your weapon. I then looked at the crowd again and said something like please get more training and be careful of legal advise.. (I can't remember exactly as I was pretty PO'd) She kind of stuttered for a second but I didn't give her a chance. I grabbed my notepad and walked out of the room.

The next day I got a call from the manager of the range and he invited me back to another one of the seminars but wanted me to come about 1/2 hour early. I spoke with both him and their local LTC instructor.. They both confirmed that they felt her advise was bad and gave me kudos for standing up and speaking... I found out later that they no longer invited that particular attorney to speak at their events... Oh and the best part.. I was offered a job selling their SD insurance... Which I accepted.....

So yeah, in short be very careful in a SD scenario, you never know what can happen....

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Tex1961 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:44 pm A little embarrassed to tell my credentials to a crowd, but a little proud of myself as well for standing up for arguing against misinformation.

About 8 months ago I was invited to a seminar on self defense insurance at a local range. The room was packed with people (around 50 or more). Up front was this lady attorney who was talking about what you should and should not do after a SD situation. She's yammering on and sets up a scene of being in a 7/11 type store. (Understand before this scenario I was already having my doubts about her advise). Anyway she tells everyone that if you have to shoot someone you should immediately put your gun on the counter and step away and call 911 and their attorney hotline.. That pretty much crossed the line with me and I couldn't hold back. I stood up and said NO. You are giving out wrong and dangerous advise to these people. (The crowd was LTC and people interested in getting their LTC). She just sort of stared at me for a second. I didn't want to say this but I felt that I should give my bonfide's since I was arguing with an attorney. I actually turned in a small circle to the crowd and said. I AM A LTC INSTRUCTOR. And the advice you are giving these people is wrong and dangerous.. You DO NOT give up your weapon in this type of situation. You do not know if the BG is just hurt and could still be a danger. You also do not know if he has a partner who might still attack... You should go ahead and at least re-holster if you feel the scene is secure, but you never walk away from your weapon. I then looked at the crowd again and said something like please get more training and be careful of legal advise.. (I can't remember exactly as I was pretty PO'd) She kind of stuttered for a second but I didn't give her a chance. I grabbed my notepad and walked out of the room.

The next day I got a call from the manager of the range and he invited me back to another one of the seminars but wanted me to come about 1/2 hour early. I spoke with both him and their local LTC instructor.. They both confirmed that they felt her advise was bad and gave me kudos for standing up and speaking... I found out later that they no longer invited that particular attorney to speak at their events... Oh and the best part.. I was offered a job selling their SD insurance... Which I accepted.....

So yeah, in short be very careful in a SD scenario, you never know what can happen....
:cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AF-Odin »

I have some friends and acquaintances that work for XXXXXX. Most are pretty good folks when they come to one of my classes explaining the advantages of their product, but occasionally I have to intervene as they are NOT LTC instructors and should not be answering questions of this sort. I always advise students that if they are involved in a situation where they have to draw their firearm that it should remain in their hand until they can determine it is safe to reholster regardless of whether or not they have discharged their firearm. However, I also tell them that they do NOT want to have the gun in their hand when the police pull up. Hopefully by then, the zombie factor will have left the ventilated perp and his buddies will be gone or can be dealt with by the police.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”