fast turn around for renewal

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

fast turn around for renewal

Post by powerboatr »

i paid online the evening of the 27 th of January and boom the renewal arrived today
pretty darn good
and they used my DL picture vice the terrorist looking pic i had from my 1s, 2nd renewal
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: fast turn around for renewal

Post by RoyGBiv »

The level of competence over at DPS LTC unit continues to impress, as usual. :txflag:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:28 pm i paid online the evening of the 27 th of January and boom the renewal arrived today
pretty darn good
and they used my DL picture vice the terrorist looking pic i had from my 1s, 2nd renewal
My last renewal was last year and, same here, it was in my mailbox in about three weeks. With Constitutional carry I don't know what the volumes look like at DPS for processing new and renewals, but I've had zero complaints.

And, yeah; the photo. Since I don't plan on shaving my beard, what I do plan on doing is wearing a coat and tie to my next in-person driver's license renewal, and to take a moment to check in a mirror before visiting a friendly DMV agent. I don't necessarily look like a terrorist in my current photo on both DL and LTC, but best-case scenario I look like a homeless insane person...kind of like a Nick-Nolte-on-meth-mugshot with the hair and beard sticking out all over the place. It was very windy that day and I never bothered to go "groom" myself in the DMV restroom. Was just a tad shocked when I saw the photo. :shock: And now it's been with me for years. I'll need an in-person DL renewal before my 5th LTC renewal, so I'm looking forward to getting rid of that photo (I've been pulled over once for a warning since I've had it, and the LEO looked up and down from the photo to me, like, five times).
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:03 pm
powerboatr wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:28 pm i paid online the evening of the 27 th of January and boom the renewal arrived today
pretty darn good
My last renewal was last year and, same here, it was in my mailbox in about three weeks. With Constitutional carry I don't know what the volumes look like at DPS for processing new and renewals, but I've had zero complaints.

And, yeah; the photo. Since I don't plan on shaving my beard, what I do plan on doing is wearing a coat and tie to my next in-person driver's license renewal, and to take a moment to check in a mirror before visiting a friendly DMV agent. I don't necessarily look like a terrorist in my current photo on both DL and LTC, but best-case scenario I look like a homeless insane person...kind of like a Nick-Nolte-on-meth-mugshot with the hair and beard sticking out all over the place. It was very windy that day and I never bothered to go "groom" myself in the DMV restroom. Was just a tad shocked when I saw the photo. :shock: And now it's been with me for years. I'll need an in-person DL renewal before my 5th LTC renewal, so I'm looking forward to getting rid of that photo (I've been pulled over once for a warning since I've had it, and the LEO looked up and down from the photo to me, like, five times).
sort of my story as well
mu 1st chl pic was taken at the school classroom thing and dps used dmv ugly 1st texas moved back to texas picture, it looked horrible, i asked last renewal if they could use another one. they told me its OK, not to worry "rlol"
so 2 years ago i had to renew my DL in person (class B) so i combed my fresh cut hair and tried to look un terror like. clean shaved around beard, so now we see my lower chin hmmmmm fat :biggrinjester:

i have never had a leo say anything so far. in fact i have only had to present my chl probably less than 3 times since 1st one. usually at traffic stops they dont seem to care as they know already when they walk up, i still tell em yes i have my firearm or no i am not carrying out of habit.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”