Quick question about 30.05

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Quick question about 30.05

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m embarrassed to admit this, but I just realized that I do not have a firm grasp on whether or not 30.05 applies to licensed carry, whether open OR concealed. Help a brother out?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Quick question about 30.05

Post by eyedoc »

(f) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the basis on which entry on the property or land or in the building was forbidden is that entry with a handgun was forbidden; and
(2) the person was carrying:
(A) a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a handgun; and
(B) a handgun:
(i) in a concealed manner; or
(ii) in a holster.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

The very short answer is no, 30.05 signs have no concern to those with LTC. That particular penal code was rewritten under house bill 1927 as it relates to unlicensed carry, they had to change some of the language of the penal code and sign. So that sign only applies to those who carry without LTC.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thanks guys! I met an old friend for coffee at Buon Giorno in Grapevine this morning. It USED to be posted 30.07, but I haven’t been there in at least 5 years. Got there this morning and saw that 30.07 sign had been replaced with a 30.05 reading “Pursuant to Section 30.05 (Criminal Trespass), Penal Code (criminal trespass), a person may not enter this property with a firearm". I ignored it because I just went in to order a coffee, and took it to an outside table. I’m not worried about it…concealed is concealed…but I wasn’t sure about the legalities. Nice to know that it wouldn’t have applied to me as a license holder anyway.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

Username is appropriate. ;-)

I was wondering about that myself. Good to know.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”