IWB Carry discomfort?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TXGLOCK23
Posts in topic: 2

IWB Carry discomfort?

Post by TXGLOCK23 »

I have a IWB minatar kydex holster and carry a Glock 23. I carry at 3 o'clock position and am comfortable for the beginning of the day. But as the day wears on my grip seems to start sticking to and rubbing my side and becomes increasingly more uncomfortable. I tried CC at the 4 o'clock position but I am in and out of my truck all day and it really digs in then. I have adjusted the cant a couple of different ways with no apparent relief. It is still hot here so I don't wear Tee shirts under my cover shirt. I am in sales and have to be neat and tuck my shirt in so a OWB wont work for workdays. Anyone have the same problems with your grip rubbing your side? Any suggestions? Suck it up and bear it? :???:

propellerhead
Posts in topic: 1

Post by propellerhead »

At first the grip irritated my skin. I guess the skin there is pretty sensitive. After a while it toughed up. Stick it out and it will get better. If it really bothers you, you could put those large Band-Aids temporarily.

Xander

Post by Xander »

I'd also suggest trying out a light wight breathable t-shirt underneath. I don't find that they make me uncomfortable heat-wise, but they do make me more comfortable holster-wise.

GrandmasterB

Post by GrandmasterB »

I can't carry IWB AND be comfortable, UNLESS I wear a t-shirt or other undershirt between me and the gun/holster. I have tried and tried, and despite the heat issues, it is the only way.

If it is too hot for the undershirt, then I pocket carry a smaller piece.
Romans 5:8

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Try the tank top tees. 100% cotton and lightweight. I have to wear them in summer under my FFRC (Nomex).

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

Something that I have been thinking about trying is one of the Houge handall grips. It might give something softer next to the skin with out having to use a shirt.
I am going to pick one up this weekend to try.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

fm2

Post by fm2 »

I have used the zensah undershirt with great success. They come in white, so should work under dress shirt. They also have a V-neck.

THE CODE FOR THE 50% DISCOUNT IS "ZENSAH50"
THIS SPECIAL IS ONLY GOOD UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30.

CHECK OUT THE NEW ZENSAH WEBSITE AND TACTICAL ITEMS
http://www.zensah.com/tactical.html

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Mr Fosforos uses a moisture wicking undershirt. We are in Dallas and it is HOT here and humid most of the time.

The undershirt provides a barrier between the kydex and his skin and because it is lightweight, it doesn't make him feel any warmer like wearing layers would normallydo.

He likes the underarmour brand, but has also tried knockoffs with adequate results too.

DoubleB20

Post by DoubleB20 »

I used to hate wearing a t-shirt under dress clothes, but I started wearing them because sweat was ruining my dress shirts. Now I feel cooler wearing a t-shirt than not. Keeps your shirts cleaner too! :lol:

Topic author
TXGLOCK23

Post by TXGLOCK23 »

I guess I will try the tee shirt route. Sounds like the hands down favorite way to go. Underalls are thin and tight so they may work well also. Thanks for the input. :smile:

Mako 25

Post by Mako 25 »

I never had the chaffing that yall' are getting when I used to carry in the waiste band. I have a Glock 27 with a Galco IWB holster. Used to, when I was very portly. my little Glock rode fairly comfortable in my IBW holster. Since then I have lost over six inches in the waist and am no longer portly. Last week I tried to cary my Glock in my IBW holster and ouch! It was gun against bone. Fortunately I have a fleet of Glock holsters so my little Glock does not have to stay home.

waltherone

Post by waltherone »

I carry my G23 in a comptac infidel, and I've never put the shirt between me.

When I FIRST started carrying it was uncomfortable, but I figured I've got a gun stuck on my hip, of course it won't be comfortable :lol:

Since then I've come to not notice it. The only time it's uncomfy now is when I have the empty holster on my belt. The area the gun rubs toughened up I guess. It will for you too, just man up :D

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

I tend to go the route of a sleeveless t-shirt. The lack of sleeves on a shirt of this type worn underneath an overshirt makes a big difference over a normal shirt. That small amount of venting makes a huge difference in cooling. Tthe stuff I wear looks like this:

They can be had very inexpensively (around $5) at your local wal-mart/target/whatever and look good underneath a button-up.

GeoJAP

Post by GeoJAP »

I used to have this problem with my Sig 239. I got a Crossbreed holster and I don't have the problem any more. The cut of the leather covers the hammer spur and other sharp edges. I highly recommend the Crossbreed Super Tuck.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

mrbug

Post by mrbug »

I didn't like the way the kydex on the CTAC felt against my skin either. I went to the hobby store and bought a nice piece of leather and wet formed it to my holster. I then pop riveted the leather to the kydex and filed the rivets smooth. Feels a lot better now.

How we conduct ourselves defines us. At the end of the day we answer to ourselves. At the end of our days we answer to God.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”