Something to think about

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Huff9337
Posts in topic: 1

Something to think about

Post by Huff9337 »

This may be old hat but I wanted to put this out. I do not know who did this so I can not give them credit.

"History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

I Thought you might appreciate this . . .

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about
20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of
13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break- ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'.

Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, Please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.
Terry Huffman
MSG Retired

lanternlad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lanternlad »

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
Hirohito warned Tojo against invading the mainland US. He had studied at a university here, and had a pretty good idea about mainland society. He said that an invasion would fail because, "there is a rifle behind every blade of grass".

The U.S. Armed Forces and combined police country wide own about 15 million small arms. The American population owns about 80 million. I don't really worry about a US invasion anytime soon. :grin:

A government whose people are not armed has nothing to fear from its people. Governments SHOULD fear the people. All the writing, complaining and protesting the hippies do here in America would not mean a damn thing if there weren't 80 million armed citizens at home to back them up if the Gov got too heavy-handed.
Last edited by lanternlad on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thane

Post by Thane »

lanternlad wrote:
Admiral Hirohito warned Tojo against invading the mainland US. He had studied at a university here, and had a pretty good idea about mainland society. He said that an invasion would fail because, "there is a rifle behind every blade of grass".
Only one correction: Hirohito wasn't an Admiral, he was the Japanese emperor. Tojo was the Admiral.

Interestingly, it was also Soviet policy that an invasion of the mainland USA was a bad idea, for exactly the same reason. They has all sorts of plans to decapitate the government and destroy the military, but they knew they couldn't conquer the people.

lanternlad
Banned

Post by lanternlad »

You're right about Hirohito, but I think Tojo was the Prime Minister. Tojo was never Navy, he was Army. He was the fall guy who was hanged after the war. Hirohito was never punished. He blamed it all on Tojo. Its good to be the King. :grin:

Skiprr

Re: Something to think about

Post by Skiprr »

Huff9337 wrote:It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in...
This, at least, has been on the Internet for quite some time...as evidenced by the fact that the big Australia gun confiscation-slash-buy-back program was enacted in 1996.

And just like gun control statistics anywhere, there's a lot more than meets the eye. I don't normally reference Wikipedia articles, but the section on measuring the effects of Australia's firearm laws seems at least objective and well-cited: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politi ... _Australia.

All said and done, my uninformed opinion is that the Australian government has spent almost a billion dollars since 1996, and have nothing measurable to show for it other than ridiculously onerous gun control laws that still don't seem to be able to prevent (surprise!) illegally obtained or illegally imported firearms. About the only thing it looks as if they can claim with authority is that the number handgun thefts (not thefts committed with handguns, but the number of handguns stolen) have decreased dramatically...because illegal handguns will never be reported as stolen (duh), and it's so hard now for a civilian to obtain a handgun legally that they're guarded and locked up as a most-prized possession...and of course they can't really carry the handgun anywhere except to a sporting event where they will be used.

I particularly like this bit:
One of the government policies was to compensate shooters for giving up the sport. Approximately 25% of pistol shooters took this offer, and relinquished their licenses and their right to own pistols for sport. This compensated confiscation was criticised by sporting shooters groups. In the state of Victoria $A21 million was spent "buying back" 18,124 firearms, while in the same period Victorians imported 15,184 firearms to replace their confiscated target pistols.
Yep. Another wise governmental decision.

I enjoyed visiting Australia once, but I wouldn't want to live there.

I'll take Texas, thank you, where the same, "It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia..." quotation was published January 12, 2001 in the newsletter of the Wise County Sheriff's Department: http://www.sheriff.co.wise.tx.us/cuffns ... -12-01.htm. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

lanternlad wrote:
Hirohito warned Tojo against invading the mainland US. He had studied at a university here, and had a pretty good idea about mainland society. He said that an invasion would fail because, "there is a rifle behind every blade of grass".

The U.S. Armed Forces and combined police country wide own about 15 million small arms. The American population owns about 80 million. I don't really worry about a US invasion anytime soon. :grin:

A government whose people are not armed has nothing to fear from its people. Governments SHOULD fear the people. All the writing, complaining and protesting the hippies do here in America would not mean a darn thing if there weren't 80 million armed citizens at home to back them up if the Gov got too heavy-handed.
Very true..but this was also stated back in the 40's when America was sane and all these "laws" weren't taking firearms out of people hands! Back then you could go down to your local hardware store and buy a firearm and ammo, order a Thompson from Sears, gun ownership was ENCOURAGED by the government...now its trying to take that right away

This country has changed so much in only 40ish years!

Oh yah...gun control originally started with racial roots...perhaps the ACLU should step up to the plate and call a spade a spade...stop gun control because it is in fact "racist"

http://www.lizmichael.com/racistro.htm
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

zigzag
Posts in topic: 3

Post by zigzag »

2007 present day, the Thompson is replaced by cheap AK 47s in almost every gunowners inventory. The only way any would be invader to attack AMErica is to go nuclear. That we are prepared too.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

zigzag wrote:2007 present day, the Thompson is replaced by cheap AK 47s in almost every gunowners inventory. The only way any would be invader to attack AMErica is to go nuclear. That we are prepared too.
The Iraqis and their militia have found out that even though they have plenty of automatic weapons, they are no match for the destruction caused from smart bombs, missiles and tanks. All things we really aren't allowed to have as citizens.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Liberty wrote:The Iraqis and their militia have found out that even though they have plenty of automatic weapons, they are no match for the destruction caused from smart bombs, missiles and tanks.
That's why they use guerilla techniques.

- Jim

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thane wrote:They has all sorts of plans to decapitate the government and destroy the military, but they knew they couldn't conquer the people.
I have thought about this, and there is only a small portion of "the people" who would stand up and fight if anything like this was to happen.

I know this offends some, but most of the populace are sheeple.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:cry: Sad to say I think you are right. :cry:

Sunday my morning message to the people was "The Glory is Departed."
Your statement is a one sentance summary of one of the points I sought to make.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

one word....

WOLVERINES

:cool:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

TXGLOCK23

Post by TXGLOCK23 »

:iagree: Good Movie!

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DoubleJ »

eh, I have to disagree about the US not being invaded, as well as the US being "ready" for an invasion.

I think that the invasion has begun, and has been going on for a long time, and it's not the type of Normandy Utah Beach invasion that may have happened when Japan and the USSR were in the height of their power.
it will be, as mentioned a guerilla warfare, with small squads, or cells if you will, not legions running through the streets.
you see, I don't think our enemies want to invade to take over our country, they want to come, cripple us, and leave us in rubble.

but that's just my opinion...

as to my second thought, no way is the US ready for that, and hasn't been, as exemplified by 9/11 and other, smaller attacks.
I personally find it hard to believe that our Spinach supply just went bad with E Coli....
but that's another rant, for another radio station....

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

anygunanywhere wrote:
Thane wrote:They has all sorts of plans to decapitate the government and destroy the military, but they knew they couldn't conquer the people.
I have thought about this, and there is only a small portion of "the people" who would stand up and fight if anything like this was to happen.

I know this offends some, but most of the populace are sheeple.

Anygun
longtooth wrote::cry: Sad to say I think you are right. :cry:

Sunday my morning message to the people was "The Glory is Departed."
Your statement is a one sentance summary of one of the points I sought to make.
I disagree...at 1st yes the case may be true...but there is an underlying spirit that makes us Americans...it takes alot to get us to band together and when it happens the "sleeping giant" of America wakes up....it just takes a few short years of political banter to help us forget

And the badguys don't have to invade to destroy us..all they have to do is bankrupt us like they did the russians..just hold on a little longer while we pour billions in a war...my take on it...get the job done
seamusTX wrote:
Liberty wrote:The Iraqis and their militia have found out that even though they have plenty of automatic weapons, they are no match for the destruction caused from smart bombs, missiles and tanks.
That's why they use guerilla techniques.
But thanks to our technology our boys can see in the dark

How did my post about the Thompson spark such a quick "war on terrorism" derailment? yeesh
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”