Hillsman Holster - Review

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Hillsman Holster - Review

Post by Abraham »

Texican_gal posted a bit of information on Hillsman Holster after I posed a question about kydex type holsters. She requested I give a review if I bought from them.

My review: Great people/Terrific product

Dan Hillsman was a world of patience and help. He's that rare person who will cheerfully and graciously take the time to answer all your questions. If you go to their website you can read up on the quality details. Their products are very high quality but, within reasonable cost. The model I bought cost $79.00 (not counting shipping and tax)

As for the holster - It's the most comfortable OWB holster I've yet to wear. I found this a surprise, especially after wearing a leather holster. Hillsman Holsters are made from a synthetic material. I assumed leather to be the most comfortable holster, but they come with their own downside too. Thus my search for something different.

I requested a model that normally isn't made for the size gun belt I use. No problem. They custom made it for my belt. No extra charge. They really do go the extra mile to ensure you get the holster you want.

It's also simple to adjust retention if you care to. It comes pre-adjusted, but I wanted mine set slightly looser and bingo, done easily and efficiently with a small allen wrench they supply. The pistol not only clears the holster quickly and efficiently, it also re-holsters very smartly.

I'm sure I've over looked mentioning something. I'll do my best to answer any questions anyone may have.

And Texican_gal, thanks for the heads up!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”