Covert Dealership

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 8

Covert Dealership

Post by Kalrog »

I am car hunting right now and and I stopped by the Covert Ford dealer in north Austin on 183 to test drive an Escape. Went in and noticed that they had a completely non-compliant "no guns" sign (it wasn't even close, but it did make reference to 30.05). Well, I didn't let it stop me from test driving but I am going to let it stop me from purchasing there. And I will let the internet sales manager (CJ - the person I spoke to) know why. I doubt it will make a difference, but at this point the big 3 in Detroit can't afford to lose ANY sales. Did you hear about GM's loss this morning?

Turfspanker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Turfspanker »

I bought a new F150 from them last month and I know they are hungry to sell inventory.

My sales rep calls me once every couple of weeks looking for leads.

One of the Covert boys runs that location and if you want to make an impact, send him an email explaining your position. Next time the sales guy calls me, I'll pass the word. I'm still waiting on my plastic, and bought the truck before taking my CHL class. Didn't notice the sign.

TS
Glock 23, Glock 27, Sig P226

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Covert Dealership

Post by txinvestigator »

Kalrog wrote:I am car hunting right now and and I stopped by the Covert Ford dealer in north Austin on 183 to test drive an Escape. Went in and noticed that they had a completely non-compliant "no guns" sign (it wasn't even close, but it did make reference to 30.05). Well, I didn't let it stop me from test driving but I am going to let it stop me from purchasing there. And I will let the internet sales manager (CJ - the person I spoke to) know why. I doubt it will make a difference, but at this point the big 3 in Detroit can't afford to lose ANY sales. Did you hear about GM's loss this morning?
That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think its silly.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Longtooths

Post by Longtooths »

txinvestigator wrote:
Kalrog wrote:I am car hunting right now and and I stopped by the Covert Ford dealer in north Austin on 183 to test drive an Escape. Went in and noticed that they had a completely non-compliant "no guns" sign (it wasn't even close, but it did make reference to 30.05). Well, I didn't let it stop me from test driving but I am going to let it stop me from purchasing there. And I will let the internet sales manager (CJ - the person I spoke to) know why. I doubt it will make a difference, but at this point the big 3 in Detroit can't afford to lose ANY sales. Did you hear about GM's loss this morning?
You think it is silly that he chooses to not spend his money with people that do not believe in the 2nd amendment? not like he can not take his business to another dealership..
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Kalrog »

txinvestigator wrote:That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think its silly.
Not really - not when there are so many other Ford dealers around and so many other good makes/models that favorably compete with the Escape. I can go with a different make and save money (payments and gas) or go to a different dealer and get the same vehicle at the same price.

If I was totally sold on the Escape AND that dealer, then yes. But I'm not totally sold on either.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Do you really want to buy a car from a dealer named "Covert"? :shock:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

llwatson wrote:Do you really want to buy a car from a dealer named "Covert"? :shock:
YESSSS!!!!! :lol:
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Longtooths wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:
You think it is silly that he chooses to not spend his money with people that do not believe in the 2nd amendment? not like he can not take his business to another dealership..
How do you know that those people, "do not believe in the 2nd amendment"? Assuming that is silly also. Bill of rights refers to the government, not private proprty owners.
*CHL Instructor*

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

llwatson wrote:Do you really want to buy a car from a dealer named "Covert"? :shock:
I would prefer to buy all of mine from a dealer named "Stealth' :lol:

Kalrog,

I would call them up and ask them to remove the sign and see what they say. There is so much churn at car dealerships it may have been put up a long time ago by a sales manager or other admin staff that doesn't even work there any longer. If they refuse, then tell them why your business is going elsewhere. It really comes down to the conveineince of the location for service and if they are willing to accomodate your request. If they are hungry enough, they will do their best to get rid of it for future customers.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Kalrog wrote:I am car hunting right now and and I stopped by the Covert Ford dealer
If you were going to talk somebody into spending a ridiculous amount of money on a Ford, wouldn't you want them disarmed first?

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

Ford Rules :grin:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Liberty »

txinvestigator wrote: That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think its silly.
I think people need to stand for something. Its good when we put our money where our mouth is. Those who would like to disarm us are my enemy. We don't need to help them make a living. There are plenty of folks who really want our business. If we don't aren't willing to take a stand, who will force the changes we so badly need?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

Liberty wrote:
txinvestigator wrote: That sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I think its silly.
I think people need to stand for something. Its good when we put our money where our mouth is. Those who would like to disarm us are my enemy.
There is another one of those leaps. Aperson posting his business is NO evidence that he wants to disarm you, and it is disingenouous to suggest so. A person who posts in his store does not want people carrying in the store. That is ALL you can draw from that.
*CHL Instructor*

Penn

Post by Penn »

txinvestigator wrote:
Liberty wrote:
I think people need to stand for something. Its good when we put our money where our mouth is. Those who would like to disarm us are my enemy.
There is another one of those leaps. Aperson posting his business is NO evidence that he wants to disarm you, and it is disingenouous to suggest so. A person who posts in his store does not want people carrying in the store. That is ALL you can draw from that.
Maybe not you personally - but the effect is the same. When someone enters that store, they need to disarm.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Penn wrote:
txinvestigator wrote:
Liberty wrote:
Maybe not you personally - but the effect is the same. When someone enters that store, they need to disarm.
The answer is simple; don't enter the store. Then, call them, ask for the store manager and even the district manager if it is a chain, and advise why you will not be patronizing their business. If enough people boycott the store/chain, they may change their policy. If not, then they lose customers.

The choice is yours.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”