The gun show a few weeks ago. 30.06?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

FJRider
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The gun show a few weeks ago. 30.06?

Post by FJRider »

It appears that he is right but I also think that there is a better way to settle this.

30.06 Ruling Letters
When uncooperative governments post signs to ban Texas citizens from carrying where it is legal, they are breaking the law and infringing on Texans' Second Amendment rights. Pursuant to Senate Bill 273 passed by the 84th Legislature, citizens may file complaints against these political subdivisions that unlawfully post signs prohibiting concealed weapons on property where concealed handgun license holders are legally permitted to carry.

Individuals who observe violations must first file a complaint with the government that appears to be in violation. If the entity does not remove the sign within three (3) days, citizens may file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's Office to investigate the matter and enforce the law.

Here is the text from the Attorney Generals office about the same subject to the city of Pasadena

March 11, 2016
The Honorable Johnny Isbell
Mayor, City of Pasadena
Pasadena City Hall
1211 Southmore A venue
Pasadena, Texas 77502
KEN PAXTON
ATTORNEY GENERAL OP TEXAS
RE: Wrongful Exclusion of Handgun License Holder Complaint - Resolved
Pasadena Convention Center
OAG Complaint No. 4
Dear Mayor Isbell:
The Office of the Attorney General ("OAG") received a citizen complaint concerning the wrongful
exclusion of handgun license holders from a gun show on or about January 23, 2016, at the
Pasadena Convention Center, under section 411.209 of the Government Code. The OAG
understands this complaint was resolved once the sign was removed after the gun show concluded.
Additionally, the OAG received an email from Deputy City Attorney Richard Risinger stating the
City of Pasadena is no longer allowing gun show operators to post Texas Penal Code§ 30.06 signs
or concealed handgun signs at the Pasadena Convention Center. Therefore, the OAG is closing
this complaint.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at matthew.entsminger@texasattorneygeneral.gov
or call me at (512) 475-4151.
Sincerely,
Matthew
\k~ R. Entsminger
Assistant Attorney General
Administrative Law Division
P.O. Box 12548, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711-2548
Telephone: (512) 475-4151
Facsimile: (512) 457-4686
matthew.entsminger@texasattorneygeneral.gov
cc: David E. Hoobler

The link to the letters can be found here
https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/3006/3 ... ng-letters

I would send the letter of complaint to the city of Fort Worth and than wait. I would include a copy of this letter. If they do not reply and stop than you file sending a letter in writing to the AG's office. If Pasadena is any indication than the AG's office will send a letter telling them that they have to stop or be fined for every day that the signs are up

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The gun show a few weeks ago. 30.06?

Post by ScottDLS »

^^^^

Well it took 9 years to settle it, but settle it you did... :biggrinjester:

I give you credit for thread necromancy skills! :tiphat:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”