Senario Question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lucky45
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Senario Question

Post by Lucky45 »

Nintao wrote:I did not call the police as that would have been a waste of my time as the person would resemble about 3,000 others in a 1/4mile radius of where it happened and I know the police here unfortunantly would not have done anything anyway. A coworker leaving work as well drove up to the intersection about 1/3 the way through the confrontation and would have been a viable witness (although they might rule him biased being a coworker?).
I am going to be just blunt and say that statement is just plain ridiculous. Why do you think calling the police would be a waste of time? Obviously tells me for one that you don't have medical insurance coverage. But anyway, Nintao, in this day and age with SO MANY video surveillance cameras around, don't you think the LEO would have had a chance to find the attacker on camera. Doesn't have to be a video of the assault, but from the timeline of the incident, they could gather videos from along that street and nearby intersections and stores, gas stations, etc, and found the matching vehicle that passed there at around that time. BAM....there goes your license plate!!!! LEO goes around on a daily basis gathering surveillance videos to solve crimes like these, where a person might have stopped at a store along the way. With DNA and all that other stuff around, I wonder how much of the guy's DNA is still on your helmet and clothes. He could be already in the criminal database. A few hours and your case could have been solved.
So don't fall to peer pressure and believe that the LEO couldn't have helped you in THIS case.

Next time, duck and move, duck and move!!!
If you don't stand for something, then you will fall for anything.

Topic author
Nintao
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Nintao »

True true... I might file a report just for the chance I might get lucky :). I do not know how not calling LEO means I do not have medical insurance, but you are right I do not have any and am paying for those doctor visits out of pocket. I will let everyone know if I get somewhere with LEO tho.

And thanks again for everyone's advice!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

Nintao wrote:True true... I might file a report just for the chance I might get lucky :). I do not know how not calling LEO means I do not have medical insurance, but you are right I do not have any and am paying for those doctor visits out of pocket.
As future advice to any without insurance, there is another reason to call the police. If you are injured in a crime, there is a state fund known as the crime victim's fund, that can pay for medical bills as a result of a crime. I don't know how it works when there is no initial report at the time, but it may still be available to you.
Steve Rothstein

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wildscar »

So we can all take something away from this encounter. Even if you think nothing will happen call the guys in blue anyway. That what they are there for. Some one once told me that the first one to call 911 are the victims in a crime. Don't know how much truth there is to that but it kinda makes sense.

Just remember anything you can walk away from is a not all bad. Even if you get hurt in any way I would rather carry someone to the hospital than their grave site.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”