Woman Murdered Opening Store

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

Update: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5338715.html

Before his final actions, the lunatic called his ex-wife to say goodbye. He then set his workplace on fire and wandered around before killing his victim and himself.

The story also mentions that he was about to be evicted from his apartment.

It sounds like he just chose a random victim to make it into the news.
"So, I guess if you watch the Houston news, you'll see me."
I'm sorry for the family and friends of the woman whose life was cut short, but we can be thankful that the lunatic didn't do more harm.

- Jim

Photoman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Photoman »

Well the cat is certainly out of the bag. I think the days of solitary suicide are going to be a thing of the past. Very unfortunate.

RanRan

Post by RanRan »

My friend works in the mall. The girl was "involved" with the dude but when she tried to leave him alone and he wasn't having it. They say she told someone a week before the incident that she said she was overly possessive. I also read somewhere else that she was a stripper but it is all speculation. But is definitely wasn't random.

DoubleActionCHL

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

Mike1951 wrote:In today's Chronicle, it says security backed off when he grabbed the victim as a hostage.
According to Ron Paul, mall security is more effective than the U.S. Marines! That's sayin' a lot! ;-)

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Mike1951 wrote:It also says the shooter was confronted by security before the shooting, but gives no reason why he wasn't stopped at that point.
Orders are generally not to confront an armed individual. As I recall, we're allowed discretion when it comes to defending ourselves or a third party, but the company's official stance is that we're just supposed to get out of there and wait for police if at all possible.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”