NRA thoughts

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SkipB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SkipB »

I just joined this past year, it was part of belonging to a shooting range in my area. If I have to wait three years to vote I may be in trouble. I may not remember my name by then :lol: :lol:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Photoman wrote:It was my impression that one has to be a life member to vote in BOD elections. Is this not correct?
Either a life member, or an annual member with five consecutive years of membership.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Photoman wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Photoman wrote:The vast majority of the millions and millions of membership dollars collected each year DO NOT go toward defense of "gun rights."
How much do we raise for NRA programs and how much do we raise for ILA's political activities?

Chas.
I have no idea how much in donation dollars are collected. I suspect the ILA raises quite a bit based on the amount of inflammatory junk mail I recieved each week when I was a member.

A "small fraction" of the collected "membership dues" goes to the ILA. That is straight from the NRA website.
I apologize; I misread your post. I thought you were referring to all solicitations of money, not merely membership dues. This is correct, due to federal law.

Membership dues make up only a part of the money received. If people didn't donate above their annual membership dues, we'd be in big trouble. This is especially true when you consider the number of Life Members we have who don't pay annual dues.

Sorry for the mistake,
Chas.

Photoman
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Photoman »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: I apologize; I misread your post. I thought you were referring to all solicitations of money, not merely membership dues. This is correct, due to federal law.

Membership dues make up only a part of the money received. If people didn't donate above their annual membership dues, we'd be in big trouble. This is especially true when you consider the number of Life Members we have who don't pay annual dues.

Sorry for the mistake,
Chas.
No problem Chas.

It figures Uncle Sam would have something to do with less money going to the ILA! :smile:

Thanks for the info regarding voter qualifications.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”