Respect the Non-Compliant Sign and Try To Educate the Owner
4%

Total votes: 78

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Reaction to Non-Compliant 30.06 Signs

Post by anygunanywhere »

mr surveyor wrote:
Photoman wrote:Seems the real solution to this is to have the state produce the signs. No question then.

(almost) 100% agreement here.

Considering as business owners/employers we have to purchase and display "proper notice" signs for just about everything else , there should also be a notification from the state that business owners wishing to restrict concealed carry on their property should use the proper signage, and the source from which the proper signs can be obtained. But then, I wonder how many more fromerly uninformed businesses would then post the proper 30.06 sign and further limit the day to day lives of the chl holder?

just more to ponder
As I have stated before, any reasonable restrictions under law must be defined exactly - no grey areas. Too much leeway with the "contrasting color" thing. What about us color blind people? Just kidding.

I think this is a great idea and I think that it would add no more prohibited places because once they see how big the stinking signs are and where they have to hang them they will not do it.

Brilliant!!

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reaction to Non-Compliant 30.06 Signs

Post by Venus Pax »

Normally, I observe the non-compliant sign and do business elsewhere.

However, I have a REAL PROBLEM with certain locations having the authority to post 30.06 at all.

Memorial Hermann was posted at several entrances. For eleven days, I was stuck parking my vehicle in the parking garage and leaving my weapon in the car while I walked into the hospital. This was a situation where I couldn't realistically take my business elsewhere, and it irked me that I was denied a basic human right simply because my husband was hospitalized.

Fortunately for me, this was only for 11 days. I really feel for the employees of the hospital that use the parking garages day-in and day-out, especially considering that their shift changes are not during daylight hours during the winter months.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”