Corps of Engineers campgrounds

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Corps of Engineers campgrounds

Post by allisji »

ancient18 wrote:I would think that if you have a firearm on your boat that would fall under the Castle rule. Correct?
welcome to the forum! You are protected by the motorist protection act when carrying in your boat. However, Federal Law pre-empts state law. Hence why you are not protected from the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act when carrying in your car under authority of the MPA. I don't know how this applies to US Army COE land, but I'm sure that someone here does.

When searching this forum be careful to note that the laws may have changed since this thread was active 9 years ago.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:So based on this response, I guess there are no armed LEO's (state or federal) on that land. Either that, or this person is giving out untrue information.
They may not have been aware of the MPA which I believe took effect someone around that period of time in 2008.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Weg »

When it comes to COE lakes/parks you just have to make a decision. I fish and camp on Canyon Lake all the time. I have had multiple interactions with Comal County sheriffs dept, Fish and game, and even a real COE employee once. No one ever asked me if I was carrying and I never volunteered. I don't think the average joe wants to deal with it, now if you had to use it, maybe things would go down hill from there. Do what you need to do to protect you and yours.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”