Crazy people

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KD5NRH »

anygunanywhere wrote:They aren't tailgating. They're drafting.
Then donate to their race driver training tuition, two or three pennies at a time.

Tailgaters can make it well worth not fixing a hole in the floorboard.

:razz:

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

My wife and I had one at the movies about 8 months ago.

We were looking for a parking spot, while a woman and her kids were going back to their car. ... Well, mom was talking on her cell phone by her car. The kids were standing in the middle of the parking lot, doing Lord knows what. And they stayed there.
And stayed there.
And stayed there.

The car behind me tapped their horn (figuring I'm just dawdling or something, I guess he didn't see the kids) and they STILL were standing there. I tap my horn. Mom whirls around, yells at the kids, and they come running. This took about 2-3 mins.

So we park not far from this. As we're getting out of the car, the woman runs up to us, SCREAMING. "YOU HAVE TO BE MORE PATIENT WITH CHILDREN (etc etc)"

As we're walking to the theater, the woman continues to yell at us. MY WIFE, the levelheaded one, yells back, "Whos'e watching your children while you're here yelling at us?"

That snapped her out of it, and she walked away.

I knew I married her for several good reasons. :shock:
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

jbenat
Posts in topic: 3

Can't live with em &.............

Post by jbenat »

Nitrogen: You are fortunate to have a wife who can respond on the spur of the moment with what I wish I would have said after thinking about it for a couple of hours (or days) after the incident!
Speaking of wives, mine said something kinda crazy the other day, just after I bought my last gun (a CZ 75B 9mm). She said I should have enough guns now. :shock: I can't believe she said that! :???:
Very depressing........... :sad:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can't live with em &.............

Post by seamusTX »

jbenat wrote:Speaking of wives, mine said something kinda crazy the other day, just after I bought my last gun (a CZ 75B 9mm). She said I should have enough guns now.
When you buy a toy for yourself, you have to get a distraction for your honey. Jewelry and flowers are always good. Dinner and tickets to something of interest, spa gift certificate ... use your imagination.

What are they teaching in schools these days?

- Jim
Last edited by seamusTX on Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomneal

Tailgating solution

Post by tomneal »

Tailgating solution

Vincent Tran gave me this tailgating solution 1/2 a decade ago.

Turn on your windshield washer.

There is always a little overspray that will hit the tailgaters windshield. I tried it and it works.

Your milage may vary.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

nitrogen wrote:My wife and I had one at the movies about 8 months ago.

We were looking for a parking spot, while a woman and her kids were going back to their car. ... Well, mom was talking on her cell phone by her car. The kids were standing in the middle of the parking lot, doing Lord knows what. And they stayed there.
And stayed there.
And stayed there.

The car behind me tapped their horn (figuring I'm just dawdling or something, I guess he didn't see the kids) and they STILL were standing there. I tap my horn. Mom whirls around, yells at the kids, and they come running. This took about 2-3 mins.

So we park not far from this. As we're getting out of the car, the woman runs up to us, SCREAMING. "YOU HAVE TO BE MORE PATIENT WITH CHILDREN (etc etc)"

As we're walking to the theater, the woman continues to yell at us. MY WIFE, the levelheaded one, yells back, "Whos'e watching your children while you're here yelling at us?"
That snapped her out of it, and she walked away.

I knew I married her for several good reasons. :shock:

:grin: :grin:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

barres
Posts in topic: 4

Post by barres »

Better tailgating solution:

I pulled up behind this trailer at a stoplight, and was able to snap the pic with my camera phone before the light changed. I love the idea!

ETA: Better Frankie? I apologize to whomever owns this trailer. It never even dawned on me that I posted a pic that included the license plate number.
Last edited by barres on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

I would have fuzzed out the license plate before posting the picture.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

jbenat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbenat »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:I would have fuzzed out the license plate before posting the picture.
Why? Who cares? I want one!!!!!! :shock:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Big Calhoun

Post by Big Calhoun »

I think it's the heat that causes people to go crazy.

Was coming back from Alabama once when some joker decided he wanted to oogle my wife and make obscene gestures. I put some distance between us and managed to get over into the far right, thinking if he came back, he could oogle me. :lol: He responded by cutting through traffic and accelerating up the shoulder. His foolishness was repayed as he had to slam on his break and eat a little bit of guardrail to avoid a disabled car in the shoulder.

A few months ago, I was coming home from Presby-Dallas one day, about midday or so. Was on the 75 Ramp to get to 635 and I saw this car just pin-balling off the sides of the overpass. All of us who were behind this car stayed well back as they went from one side of the road to the other, bouncing off the concrete sides. As they got downhill and onto 635, they just floored it and disappeared to whereever. Never understood excately what was going on there.

Was once behind some fools who decided to 'ghost ride' on Valley View Lane, outside of DFW. For those not in the know, 'ghost riding' is some foolishness by where the driver of a vehicle slows it to a crawl, exits the vehicle, and 'dances' on top off or on the hood of the car. Some West Coast rap thing originating from the Oakland/Bay area. Anyway, light changes, and some 2o something yr old decides to do this and I'm stuck directly behind him. I give him a little space and decide to pass him on the opposite side of the road. As I'm passsing him, he gets back into his car and I can only assume he bumped the steering wheel as he started to make a hard cut in my direction. Tense moment there. Dang kids!

nuparadigm

Post by nuparadigm »

There is something fundamentally wrong with an adult who is given to public tantrums. I'm sorry, KB, that you didn't get a chance to use your people skills ... but they probably wouldn't have worked with him anyway.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Moonpie

Post by Moonpie »

A goodly number of years ago I had a scary run in with some kook driver.
My cousin and I had been out on my property out in the country shooting our pistols. My property was miles down a lonely 1.5 lane road.
When we went to head back home it got weird.
I drove my pick-up out to the road, looked both ways, no one was in sight, and pulled out onto the road, headed to town.
Almost immediatley there was this guy in a trashed out behemouth of a Crysler on my tail hard. He was honking his horn, flipping the bird, flashing his lights, weaving, etc. He seemed really angry.
I pulled over to let him go by.
He roared by me, pulled in front, and slammed on his brakes!
I had to slam on mine to keep from hitting him.
I raised my arms, gesturing to him, WTH?
He was screaming and flipping me the bird. He was WAY past angry.
I had NO idea of what his problem was.
I pulled around him and took of at high speed. He kept on my tailgate.
My poor cousin was freaking out.
The nutjob continued to weave and try to run me off the road. I kept ahead of him all the way to town.
As I neared the end of the road where I knew I would have to stop, I instructed my cousin to load one of the handguns.
He did. I took the handgun from him and held it up in the window where the nutjob could see it plain as day.
Well, the chase ended right there! He slammed on his brakes and took off down a side road as fast as he could go.
That was 20yrs ago and I still have no idea what I/we did that day to make that guy so insane.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

Moonpie wrote:... I still have no idea what I/we did that day to make that guy so insane.
You didn't do it. He was already insane.

- Jim

7GenTex

Post by 7GenTex »

barres wrote:Better tailgating solution:

I pulled up behind this trailer at a stoplight, and was able to snap the pic with my camera phone before the light changed. I love the idea!
Judging from this picture - You seem to be a bit too close to the trailer.

Even at a stop - leave enough room to give yourself an out....you never know when you will need it.

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

Moonpie wrote:A goodly number of years ago I had a scary run in with some kook driver.
My cousin and I had been out on my property out in the country shooting our pistols. My property was miles down a lonely 1.5 lane road.
When we went to head back home it got weird.
I drove my pick-up out to the road, looked both ways, no one was in sight, and pulled out onto the road, headed to town.
Almost immediatley there was this guy in a trashed out behemouth of a Crysler on my tail hard. He was honking his horn, flipping the bird, flashing his lights, weaving, etc. He seemed really angry.
I pulled over to let him go by.
He roared by me, pulled in front, and slammed on his brakes!
I had to slam on mine to keep from hitting him.
I raised my arms, gesturing to him, WTH?
He was screaming and flipping me the bird. He was WAY past angry.
I had NO idea of what his problem was.
I pulled around him and took of at high speed. He kept on my tailgate.
My poor cousin was freaking out.
The nutjob continued to weave and try to run me off the road. I kept ahead of him all the way to town.
As I neared the end of the road where I knew I would have to stop, I instructed my cousin to load one of the handguns.
He did. I took the handgun from him and held it up in the window where the nutjob could see it plain as day.
Well, the chase ended right there! He slammed on his brakes and took off down a side road as fast as he could go.
That was 20yrs ago and I still have no idea what I/we did that day to make that guy so insane.
>......

too many drug-crazed people nowadays. Much more now esp with rise of meth addicts. The more paranoid they are and insane when not able to take of the stuff. Lock and load for the worse. Its good nothing happens 20 yrs ago.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”