Another School Shooting

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SC1903A3
Posts in topic: 1

Another School Shooting

Post by SC1903A3 »

Theres been a school shooting in Phoenix with three injured.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/ ... SECTION=US
3 shot at Phoenix community college; 2 critical

By JACQUES BILLEAUD and CHRIS KAHN
Associated Press Writers

PHOENIX (AP) -- Officials say three people were shot Thursday afternoon at South Mountain Community College in Phoenix, and two of them were critically injured.

A witness said the shooter had been fighting with another man in a computer building. The gunman seemed to be directing his shots and not firing randomly, said student Yessenia Lara, 18.

"I saw someone get punched and then I heard three shots after that. Everybody basically ducked, and the shooter got away," Lara said, adding that the victims were yelling in pain.

A 25-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman were in critical condition, while a 17-year-old boy was in stable condition, said Mark Faulkner, a division chief for the Phoenix Fire Department. No other information on their injuries was available.

The victims were taken by firefighters to a county hospital, Faulkner said.

There was no information on the person responsible for the shooting, which happened around 4 p.m. MST.

An electronic sign outside the school said all classes were canceled Thursday and students could be seen leaving the campus calmly.

Television footage showed police clustered outside a building.

Situated at the base of Phoenix's South Mountain, the college has more than 8,000 students. Most students are seeking associate degrees and certificates of completion.

Officials reached at the college didn't immediately have any information on the shootings.

Pinkycatcher

Re: Another School Shooting

Post by Pinkycatcher »

Whew! I'm so happy that it's a gun free zone, otherwise someone would have been killed....Right? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

vscott

Post by vscott »

Pinkycatcher wrote:Whew! I'm so happy that it's a gun free zone, otherwise someone would have been killed....Right? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:iagree:
NRA
TSRA
PSC

Took class 4/5/08
1/29/09 - 291 days - Plastic received
Project One Million:Texas - Click here ... NRA Today!

Jason73

Post by Jason73 »

Well, this is obviously a hoax. I mean, everyone knows that its illegal to have a gun on school grounds which means no one could have gotten shot. Shame on the media for reporting this hoax! ........... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

(sarcasm off)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”