TX. Teacher's rights to carry on campus.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 9

Re: TX. Teacher's rights to carry on campus.

Post by anygunanywhere »

brianko wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote: Stop thinking like a teacher and start thinking like a free, rational individual who fully intends to defend their life and the life of those they love. Be more of an adult and parent.
The converse of your argument is that those of us who believe additional training is necessary to protect our children are somehow "childish" in our way of thinking, and are guilty of harboring "teacher-like" thoughts when it comes to how to best protect our charges.

I think any logical thread that may have existed in this discussion has finally met a grisly, undignified end. There's simply no way to debate such a baseless argument.
No where in my post did I refer to anything as being childish. This rebuttal of yours just follows the trend of all the other posts you have made in some vain and arrogant attempt to force feed your point. Your argument is far from logical.

The bottom line truth is that no one should ever be forced to obtain any additional training to exercise a right. You can not put forth an argument counter to this that is reasoned and logical. The logic that supports this truth is called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Personal responsibility is inseparable from rights.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

barres
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barres »

brianko wrote:That said, I'm also going to be upfront with an observation: I'm somewhat dismayed at the personal attacks and derogatory comments that were made just because we seemed to have a difference of opinion. I would like to think that CHL holders are rational, thoughtful, and responsible, but it's obvious to me that this isn't always the case. I can only hope that those who decided to vent their hostilities over a simple disagreement about CHL training requirements are able to keep their cool over a far more serious confrontation with a total stranger. Those of you know who you are: Some soul-searching as to how you might handle a confrontation far more serious than our friendly disagreement here might be in order.
I find it very telling that you are accusing everyone who disagrees with you of personal attacks in one sentence, and, in the very next sentence, you blatantly imply that they are all irrational, unthoughtful, and irresponsible. I hope you can handle a confrontation more serious than the discussion here with more equanimity than you have displayed here.

BTW, I think that every CHL holder, not just those who would carry on a school campus, should get additional training, but I don't think they should be mandated to do so by a government agency. As Anygun said, it's personal responsibility.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

bdickens
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bdickens »

I don't recall reading anywhere in this thread someone offering the opinion that additional training is a bad idea; that no one should seek it.

I have yet to see anyone from the "mandated additional training for CHL in schools" (M.A.T.) crowd demonstrate either 1) why such "additional training" is needed or 2) what such "additional training" would consist of.

Again, I ask what sort of Black Magick is it that sucks the avarage CHLs brain out as soon as he steps onto school property? Children? Well, there are children at the mall, too. And at the zoo. And at the County Alfalfa Sprout Festival. And pretty much anywhere else a CHL is likely to go.

Such a suggestion from the M.A.T. advocates reeks of the king of rampant, unthinking emotionalism of the BradyBunch.
Byron Dickens

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

bdickens wrote:I still want to know what sort of Black Magick is around school buildings that sucks people's brains out.

Malls, WalMart, Downtown streets, hospitals, churches, the Zoo and the like are all places crowded with people. They are all places where we trust CHLs to be roaming around without any of this much-vaunted "additional training." And yet somehow we have had no problems with CHLs there.
I wonder if folks really believe that if a CHLer gets a calling, a teaching certificate, and a job teaching that their brains sudenly leave their skulls. We CHLers have an inarguable record as group. So my conclusion is that folks believe the judgement of teachers is just that much worse than the general population. The wierd thing is it seems as to me that its the teachers themselves who have these low opinions.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

Darwood wrote:As far as training goes I'd like to point out that just the other day I saw a police cruiser going down the interstate in the same lane with their turn signal on for 3 miles.
You should have gotten some video; a cop car with a turn signal on is a rare sight. :biggrinjester:
Liberty wrote:I wonder if folks really believe that if a CHLer gets a calling, a teaching certificate, and a job teaching that their brains sudenly leave their skulls.
Judging by some of the teachers I've met, I don't think it's limited to the ones with CHLs. :grumble

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”