Gun Show?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bdickens
Posts in topic: 1

Gun Show?

Post by bdickens »

What do y'all do when attending the latest gun show that happens to be posted? Leave your carry gun in the car? Unload it and have it zip tied?
Byron Dickens

BigBlueDodge

Re: Gun Show?

Post by BigBlueDodge »

From my searches, it appears that many/most leave it in the car. Personally, I don't like leaving any firearms in a locked vehicle, for fear of it being stolen. I'm sure criminals know that gun owners go to gun shows, and there is a higher chance of the cars containing a gun. So I would just prefer to carry the gun in (unloaded) have them zip tie it, and re-holster it upon entering. If I going to have to leave something in the car, I would prefer it be just a magazine from my gun, or even better, just the bullets from the gun. I'll be attending this weekends gun show in DFW and plan on taking mine in, and have them zip tie it at the door.

KaiserB
Banned

Post by KaiserB »

I went to one gun show carrying, they zipped my gun and held my magazine...Now I just leave the gun in the car-safe.

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

Most of the larger gun shows are on property owned by a governmental entity but I usually obey their wishes anyway and shop online instead.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

I have mine zip-tied as well. I leave one mag in the truck and the other in my pocket. When they ask me where my mag is, I tell them I left it in the truck (its not a lie).
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”