Case in point

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

isa268
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Case in point

Post by isa268 »

I support lowering the restrictions on CHL.

VT and AK both have licenses-less open carry. and other states have lower resrtictions then us and they don't have a problem. in many states you do just walk in to the Sherifs office pay a fee do a background check and get a license in a week or two.

in Virgina you can carry in a bar as long as you open carry.

and none of these states have problems.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

isa268 wrote:I support lowering the restrictions on CHL.

VT and AK both have licenses-less open carry. and other states have lower resrtictions then us and they don't have a problem. in many states you do just walk in to the Sherifs office pay a fee do a background check and get a license in a week or two.

in Virgina you can carry in a bar as long as you open carry.

and none of these states have problems.
In Pennsylvania you can drink in a bar and open carry.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

dehalter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dehalter »

ScrapMetal wrote:
Maybe I would like to see you have "training" and a license in order to exercise your freedom of speech.
Speech cannot kill someone. Not a fair comparison. Although they are both rights given to us under the same document, CHL is a different animal. Along with having a CHL we take on a massive responsibility.

I could NEVER support giving a license without a background check. Then you run the risk of letting convicted felons carry, even if only for 30-60 days. Bad Idea IMO.

I would support lower fees definitely, but someone has to be paid to process the applications ect. I also would like to see more training made readily available. Not as a requirement, but definitely some courses that get more into tactical training, crisis management/tactics. Stuff more along the lines of Police officer training
---------------------------------------------------------

ScrapMetal, I have to respectfully disagree. I like the the idea on no permit. Why should I have to pay a TAX to exercise my God given right to defend myself? Criminals do not obey the law by definition. If you use a gun (and criminals do) in a crime, you get extra punishment (death by hanging for example).

Convicted felons do carry (hang or juice them as well).

In addition, I do not like the Feds, or any government entity nosing in my business. I have committed no crime. Please make them leave me alone.

No fee, no tax and do not let the government take your guns. Simple.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. - Thomas Jefferson

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Purplehood »

ScrapMetal, I have to respectfully disagree. I like the the idea on no permit. Why should I have to pay a TAX to exercise my God given right to defend myself? Criminals do not obey the law by definition. If you use a gun (and criminals do) in a crime, you get extra punishment (death by hanging for example).
Taking this statement literally, it makes sense. Too bad the ACLU isn't going to stand up for our rights on this one.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

dehalter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dehalter »

by Purplehood on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:35 am

Taking this statement literally, it makes sense. Too bad the ACLU isn't going to stand up for our rights on this one.

======================================================

If the ACLU was a true civil liberties union, they would defend the 2A!!!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”