Second Outing Armed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SCone
Posts in topic: 2

Second Outing Armed

Post by SCone »

Went to dinner this evening, gun on right hip. Enjoyed a wonderfull time with friends at a local restaurant with only one issue. Had the holster riding too high to sit comfortably. Quick trip to the restroom to make an adjustment and everything was fine after that.

Topic author
SCone
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Second Outing Armed

Post by SCone »

I'm toting a Colt Defender in a Don Hume IWB. Forward at about 2 o'clock seems to work best for me. Tucks in nice under my shirt and stays close. When I sit, the barrel & grip tend to ride across my thigh so it doesn't stick out.

When I first went in the restaurant yesterday, it was at about 3 o'clock and as soon as I sat down the barrel hit my thigh and the grip stood out sideways... not good. A quick adjsutment forward and it rode nicely for the rest of the evening.

Rokyudai
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rokyudai »

Seems like you are finding what works SCone!

Russ,
I'm a lefty as well, what kind of holster do you have? Does it have a safety guard? I would NEVER dissuade someone from making an excuse to buy another gun but maybe something can be done for the one you have! PM me if you want to talk lefty stuff as I don't want to go OT with the OP. It took me a while but I have found some ways to carry with 'less discomfort'.

:txflag:
Rok
NRA Benefactor Member

bryang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bryang »

We all have to find that certain spot that is comfortable for us. I carry a Colt Officers Model in a Milt Sparks IWB at 4:30. The grip rides snug and it seems to work well for me. :txflag:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”