Lethal Weapon 4, anti NRA?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Lethal Weapon 4, anti NRA?

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I have seen the movie in whole or partially at least 20 times but I never noticed the conveniently placed poster in the police station.

The poster show a picture of an infant and reads... A CHILD A DAY IS KILLED BY A HANDGUN ... in large print with... Don't Let Them Put Guns In The Wrong Hands in the lower right corner

In the lower left corner are the letters NRA in a ghostbuster circle.

Since the movie is a decade old I am sure that this has been discussed before, but since I just noticed it for the first time it made me pretty angry.

I did a search and found this old article and it made me more angry http://www.variety.com/article/VR111747 ... yid=2&cs=1

That's what I get for being up so late.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

KBCraig
Banned

Re: Lethal Weapon 4, anti NRA?

Post by KBCraig »

All the Lethal Weapon movies are anti-gun, ranging from subtle to blatant. I believe Mel Gibson has been quoted as saying those are the kinds of movies he has to make, in order to be able to make movies like The Patriot.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Common knowledge around here that I dont allocate ANY time to watch TV or go to movies either.
As anti gun as Follywood, I mean Fooliwood, (OH well you know who I mean) as anti-gun as "those kind" are, we are not surprised, are we????
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Something my parents taught me at an early age:

When stupid people do stupid things, it's better to laugh than to get angry.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

All the anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda in the Lethal Weapon series is there because Danny Glover demanded it.

Chas.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

The subject of Lethal Weapon 3 was the 'cop killer' bullets.

I was really impressed when the 9mm's shot through the bucket of the front end loader!

Gotta get me some of those!
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Quote: "All the anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda in the Lethal Weapon series is there because Danny Glover demanded it."

:mad5 I've often mentioned in classes that their gun handling, particularly in the first one, are a prime examples of what NOT to do. It's almost like Danny Glover was coached on how to appear as reckless as possible. :mad5
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Greybeard wrote:Quote: "All the anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda in the Lethal Weapon series is there because Danny Glover demanded it."

:mad5 I've often mentioned in classes that their gun handling, particularly in the first one, are a prime examples of what NOT to do. It's almost like Danny Glover was coached on how to appear as reckless as possible. :mad5
Danny Glover knows as much about guns, gun safety and the NRA as he did about murderer Gary Graham that he tried disparately to save from the Texas death chamber. He's a double-barreled dirt bag; on one hand he works to deprive Americans of the right to own and/or carry guns for self-defense, and on the other hand he works to prevent the execution of the scum that murdered those unarmed people. Perhaps his life and opinions will change dramatically if he meets a Gary Graham of his own in a dark parking garage -- if only for the last fleeting moments of his existence.

In case you didn't notice, I despise Danny Glover.

Chas.

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Greybeard wrote:Quote: "All the anti-gun, anti-NRA propaganda in the Lethal Weapon series is there because Danny Glover demanded it."

Danny Glover knows as much about guns, gun safety and the NRA as he did about murderer Gary Graham that he tried disparately to save from the Texas death chamber. He's a double-barreled dirt bag; on one hand he works to deprive Americans of the right to own and/or carry guns for self-defense, and on the other hand he works to prevent the execution of the scum that murdered those unarmed people. Perhaps his life and opinions will change dramatically if he meets a Gary Graham of his own in a dark parking garage -- if only for the last fleeting moments of his existence.

In case you didn't notice, I despise Danny Glover.

Chas.
Thats the elitist mindset boss! "Do as I say..not do as I do!" I can't stand people like that..and unfortunately my dad is one of em!
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Return to “Off-Topic”