Fire Station Carry?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tallmike
Posts in topic: 2

Fire Station Carry?

Post by tallmike »

OK I was having a discussion today with someone at the fire station where I volunteer and he insists that concealed carry at the station is illegal. I wont carry there simply because I never know where I will end up when I go out on a call and I cant exactly stop and disarm if I happen to find myself at a courthouse, jail, or school but I think its perfectly legal to carry there because its city property so carry cant be restricted.

This guy is a certified peace officer who thought the fire investigator who arrested the cussing lady in wal-mart was being perfectly reasonable and said laws are not supposed to be interpreted by "lay citizens", apparently only the ruling elite can do that. Yea, he irritates me.

I didnt bother to argue with him that it was perfectly legal to carry there (I saw no need to push the issue) but I would like to know who is actually correct in this situation.

Thanks =)

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fire Station Carry?

Post by longtooth »

If I needed to go in the fire station I would not dis arm.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

When someone tells you that it is illegal to carry in a certain place, you should ask them to tell you which section of the Texas penal code prohibits carry there.

Nothing in the penal code prohibits concealed carry by a license holder in a fire station.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Smokewagon

Post by Smokewagon »

Sounds like the LEO needs some continuing education classes. Or he thinks he is the only one that should be allowed to carry. There are a few out there like that. :roll:
Texas friendly, spoken here.

ProudNativeTexican

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

Smokewagon wrote:Sounds like the LEO needs some continuing education classes. Or he thinks he is the only one that should be allowed to carry. There are a few out there like that. :roll:
I met one of those when I went to get my finger prints done. I guess I probably gave too much information. Cause he asked what I was getting printer for, which I told him CHL. Which I got the reply "Don't think you can shoot someone?" My reply I believe I can do what I have to do if the need a rised but I hope I never need to." Which was followed by "I don't think anyoen but trained peace officers should be allowed to carry guns." The best part of the day was when I was walking out the door the detective thanked me for getting my CHL and being a good armed citizen.

Someone understand that most that we are only trying to protect ourselfs. While others want someone else to take care of them.

And yes I have carried at the fire stations.
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

Topic author
tallmike
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tallmike »

Thats what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the help =)

Im pretty sure this guy is simply confused. He moved here from Pennsylvania about 2 years ago and probably still thinks he is there. Maybe they have a law against carrying in any government buildings in PA, I know they did in Nevada.

TxFire

Post by TxFire »

Yes you can and yes I have. :mrgreen: Tell him to show you the Penal Code.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”