Maximizing space...suggestions on mag holster

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 3

Maximizing space...suggestions on mag holster

Post by kalipsocs »

Alright guys I am sure I don't have to tell anyone but space on my persons has become prime real estate when I have to add magazines and guns to it! So my question is does anyone know of a good quality pocket holster for magazines or an OWB magazine holster that runs parallel to my belt....like a cell phone holder but longer than it is taller? In the summer I have more pockets, but winter I got 4 small pockets that need to fit a whole lotta stuff! Thanks guys.

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Maximizing space...suggestions on mag holster

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Does it have to be OWB?

Crossbreed holsters just created a double IWB holster that is VERY nice!
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/magholders.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am going to get one once I have money because the lint that jams up my mags due to it being in my pocket is not a good thing!
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

LCP_Dogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LCP_Dogg »

Why do you have fewer, smaller pockets during winter?!?!?

You call Nov-Jan in TX "WINTER"? LOL!!

I try to buy cargo pants/shorts for all seasons. My employer is OK with this casual dress, and I have plenty of room for all sorts of toys..

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

What do you carry?

I have found that the 5.11 Holster Shirt is great for carrying not just my BUG, but extra mags as well. While I only use it for the BUG extra mag (I wear an OWB mag carrier for my main carry), the weak-side pocket would be useful for carrying an extra mag for my main carry, if I wanted. They come in both black and white, and look like a normal undershirt when worn underneath something(they have both crew-neck and v-neck collars available).

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/ ... 01/I/40011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

My carry is a CZ P-01. 9mm 14 round double stack magazine. But right now I am packing the LCP because it is more tested than my CZ. As I posted earlier, I wanted a pocket holster for my P-01 mags which DeSantis makes one (M-38 Mag packer) but I have no idea what other gun make and model would have a magazine close in size to the P-01. I am open to many ideas though. I am using a MTAC IWB holster for the CZ in case anyone is wondering.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

I believe I've seen something like the OP describes on the Midway USA website.
Byron Dickens

LCP_Dogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LCP_Dogg »

+1 for the LCP!! :hurry:

AggieC05

Post by AggieC05 »

hmm could use a good holder for P11 mag

Ace_Inthe_O

Post by Ace_Inthe_O »

Galco makes a spare mag holder that is horizontal I have one for my 1911 and it holds the magazine pretty well. I was riding around a ranch all weekend jumping on and off of 4 wheelers and I had no issues with it.
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
kalipsocs

Post by kalipsocs »

Just general FYI, I found that Galco makes a pocket holster for P-01 mags so I ordered one. You snooze you lose DeSantis. I went back and forth on the horizontal magazine carrier, but for some reason the pocket holster was just more appealing. Thanks guys for the suggestions though. All I need is one more for the LCP

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”