Feds rent office space in my building (title 18 sec 930)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
CJATE
Posts in topic: 1

Feds rent office space in my building (title 18 sec 930)

Post by CJATE »

Very long story short I have made a deal to join a small firm, they rent an office in one of the only large office buildings in “up town”.

I had visited this building before and ignored this sign as it’s not 30.06. what caught my attention, as I ventured to a new area of this building, this sign was also posted one of the office doors. After a few questions, it’s rumored to be the local ATF office, although could be other agency as it’s other wise unmarked.

So, does their renting and office make this whole building off limits? I can’t imagen they hold cort.

The IRS also rent office in the building, but they have there own dedicated entrance.

So, this is not a deal breaker as it’s a huge opportunity for me, but I would carry if I could.

Ready? …. Discuss. . . .

Liberty

Re: Feds rent office space in my building (title 18 sec 930)

Post by Liberty »

I wouldn't carry into the suspected ATF office .

That's just me though. I'm Particularly cautious where I carry.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

KBCraig
Banned

Re: Feds rent office space in my building (title 18 sec 930)

Post by KBCraig »

As 18 USC 930 says, "federal facilities" are defined as a "building or portion of a building where federal employees regularly perform work."

The ATF offices are off limits (not counting the "lawful purposes" interpretation). The building is not.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”