Another great reason to carry during the holidays...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Another great reason to carry during the holidays...

Post by Wildscar »

03Lightningrocks wrote:But I have to tell the truth, I would rather them blame it on the stores than to hear them blaming guns for these two idiots. My bet is that the media out there will end up blaming the guns.
Why blame the store. Why not blame the two people that started it all. The store, the guns, the time of day nor the way the wind blows the grass is no excuse for the human nature that directed the course of events that lead to the shootings. The two men are the ones that decided to escalate the encounter into something more. They could have just pulled the two women apart and went their separate ways. It was their fault alone that lives were lost. Whether it be gang related or not. Because if you blame the store then you might as well blame the gun store that sold the guns and the ammo makers and everything else that revolves around guns.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Wildscar wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:But I have to tell the truth, I would rather them blame it on the stores than to hear them blaming guns for these two idiots. My bet is that the media out there will end up blaming the guns.
Why blame the store. Why not blame the two people that started it all. The store, the guns, the time of day nor the way the wind blows the grass is no excuse for the human nature that directed the course of events that lead to the shootings. The two men are the ones that decided to escalate the encounter into something more. They could have just pulled the two women apart and went their separate ways. It was their fault alone that lives were lost. Whether it be gang related or not. Because if you blame the store then you might as well blame the gun store that sold the guns and the ammo makers and everything else that revolves around guns.
True, but a fantasy at best. Our society doesn't work that way these days. But I agree, it should work just the way you described.

Like I said....I would rather they blame the store than the gun. I didn't say they should blame the store. Someone is going to get blame and it usually isn't the guy that deserves it these days. Kalifornia doesn't work that way. Liberals don't think that way.

SlowDave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SlowDave »

Chemist45 wrote: This incident does not reflect on us (CHL holders) any more than bootleggers reflect on truck drivers.
Minor re-write: "This incident should not reflect on CHL holders any more than bootleggers reflect on truck drivers."

It shouldn't, but it will, and that mis-interpretation is assisted by this report's slant.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”