written part of the chl test

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

kingalls
Posts in topic: 3

Re: written part of the chl test

Post by kingalls »

Here is an example of one of the questions on the test....It was on my test and it went something like this.....

You attend a Dallas Cowboys football game, when approaching the ticket box, you remember that you still have your weapon on your body. Do you
A. check your weapon in with the person working the ticket counter
B. hand your weapon to your spouse to hide for you
C. go ahead and enter but conceal your weapon the best you can
D. return to your vehicle, remove the weapon from your body, secure the weapon in a safe area and lock your vehicle.

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Captain Matt »

That's a trick question. The correct answer is return to your vehicle and go to the shooting range instead.
"hic sunt dracones"

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn_92 »

Captain Matt wrote:That's a trick question. The correct answer is return to your vehicle and go to the shooting range instead.

"rlol" :smilelol5: "rlol"
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
05kas05
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 05kas05 »

i would like to thank everyone for there replies.i did not realize the tests were that easy i thought they would be a little harder.well thanks again guys hopefully i will join the ranks soon.

HankB

Post by HankB »

Actually, I'm kind of surprised nobody has yet posted the test . . . you'd think by now somewhere it would be on the Web, but either it isn't, or my Google-Fu isn't up to snuff.

There were a few "trick" questions with double negatives, so don't skim through too fast.

But it is pretty easy . . . since 70 is "passing" I'd guess that for anyone with more than a room temperature IQ, simply skimming the DPS materials would be sufficient preparation to pass.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

kingalls wrote:Here is an example of one of the questions on the test....It was on my test and it went something like this.....
As I recall, it was easier, more like this:

You attend a Dallas Cowboys football game, when approaching the ticket box, you remember that you still have your weapon on your body. Do you

B. go home and watch the game on TV
C. find out who is playing and bet against the Dallas Cowboys
D. return to your vehicle, remove the weapon from your body, secure the weapon in a safe area and lock your vehicle.

HankB wrote:There were a few "trick" questions with double negatives, so don't skim through too fast.
In all seriousness, read all of the questions a couple of times before answering them. A few of them can be a little tricky.
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

E. B and C
WildBill wrote:
kingalls wrote:Here is an example of one of the questions on the test....It was on my test and it went something like this.....
As I recall, it was easier, more like this:

B. go home and watch the game on TV
C. find out who is playing and bet against the Dallas Cowboys

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

05kas05 wrote:i would like to thank everyone for there replies.i did not realize the tests were that easy i thought they would be a little harder.well thanks again guys hopefully i will join the ranks soon.
Still pay attention in class, don't fall asleep. The instructor will cover every question on the test and you will know the answers if you listened. Good Luck.

Topic author
05kas05

Post by 05kas05 »

oh yes by all means i am taking this class to learn something.this is something i have wanted to do for a long time i just never had the money so this year when i got my x-mas bonus at work i started looking for the next available class.i plan on taking other handgun classes in the future to learn even more but i really wanted to start out with this one before the oppertunity is gone if you know what i mean.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The test was a breeze for Mrs. Oldgringo as well as the range work. She had to submit four (4) sets of fingerprints and then a whole bunch of e-mails and phone calls to the Gov., DPS Chief, State Senator, etc., etc. before she got her CHL---- 160 days after intial submittal. I took the class, fingerprinted, photoed and submitted at the same time as she did - my CHL arrived about 60 days later as it should have. Who knows?

Yes, the test is the easy part.

IzzI

Post by IzzI »

If you get question #7 right,you will pass. ;-}>

Topic author
05kas05

Post by 05kas05 »

i am almost afraid to ask what #7 is but i guess i will soon find out (lol) well thanks for the info guys i will let you know how it goes

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

I think he's kidding...
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
05kas05

Post by 05kas05 »

well i figured as much i was thinking that it is probably the dumbest question on the test.

longhornmike

Post by longhornmike »

a six shooter hold 6 rounds. true false

mae west ask "is that a GUN in your pocket or are you just glad to see me . true false

21 can be a} a gun salute
b} card game
c} legal drinking age
d} all of the above
12/16/09 plastic in hand

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”