Nokia Theater Grand Prairie

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
crochetetc
Posts in topic: 3

Nokia Theater Grand Prairie

Post by crochetetc »

Does anyone know if they have metal detectors or not? and if they are posted 30.06?

I am going for a competition cheer event this weekend and cannot find any info saying if they use them for all events or just certain ones. I have looked online and found info from 2008 but nothing current. We carry a lot of items for spirit for the girls and they have metal on them so I asked and the guy was rude and never answered the question whether they are in use or not.

Thanks for any info!!

Topic author
crochetetc

Re: Nokia Theater Grand Prairie

Post by crochetetc »

Just in case someone else needs to know. There were a gun buster sign (gun with circle and line through it) on the entrance and no metal detectors were used today.

lws380
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lws380 »

I hope it is not a school event. As I understand it, school events would prohibit you from carry. If not a school event they would need to post a 30.06. Ghost buster is not good enough! I'm not a lawyer and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn express last night!

will381796

Post by will381796 »

lws380 wrote:I hope it is not a school event. As I understand it, school events would prohibit you from carry. If not a school event they would need to post a 30.06. Ghost buster is not good enough! I'm not a lawyer and did not sleep at a Holiday Inn express last night!
Would it need to be a school-sponsored event on school property? I don't recall the exact legislation, but it seems kind of silly that any school-sponsored event located on any property would instantly = no CHL carry.
NRA Life Member
TRSA Life Member

CHL Class:11/22/08
App Submitted : 11/23/08
Received PIN:11/27/08
"Processing Application":12/13/08
Notified of TR100 error by CHL instructor: 12/23/08
Sent updated TR100 to DPS: 12/26/08
"Application Completed": 02/07/09
Plastic in hand:02/13/09

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

will381796 wrote:Would it need to be a school-sponsored event on school property? I don't recall the exact legislation, but it seems kind of silly that any school-sponsored event located on any property would instantly = no CHL carry.
I agree. It is silly. But 46.03 says "any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted" is off limits.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Topic author
crochetetc

Post by crochetetc »

Nope not school event. Our daughter is not old enough for school cheer yet so for now she is doing competive cheer!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”