Went to a gun show this weekend and no 30.06 posting.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Went to a gun show this weekend and no 30.06 posting.

Post by Right2Carry »

I went to Sweetwater, Texas this weekend for the Rattlesnake roundup. They had a gun, knife and coinshow going on next door. Both places were marked no guns but neither had any kind of 30.06 posting. I didn't see any police officers at the gun show either. Lots of guns but way overpriced. Too bad all gunshows aren't like this, no 30.06 posting that I could see. It was refreshing.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Oldgringo

Re: Went to a gun show this weekend and no 30.06 posting.

Post by Oldgringo »

Right2Carry wrote:I went to Sweetwater, Texas this weekend for the Rattlesnake roundup. They had a gun, knife and coinshow going on next door. Both places were marked no guns but neither had any kind of 30.06 posting. I didn't see any police officers at the gun show either. Lots of guns but way overpriced. Too bad all gunshows aren't like this, no 30.06 posting that I could see. It was refreshing.
Given my druthers about a 30.06 sign or reasonable prices, I think I'd opt, just once, for reasonable prices. :mrgreen:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Right2Carry,

By overpriced, do you mean more than what you'd pay in a retail store or overpriced by the average discount normally experienced at a gun show?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:Right2Carry,

By overpriced, do you mean more than what you'd pay in a retail store or overpriced by the average discount normally experienced at a gun show?

From what I gather, a lot of the 9mm and .45 Win White Box that used to be available at Wal-Mart for $20 and $30 per 100 respectively is now showing up at the gun shows for $30 and $40. That's one example of overpriced. You know what they say, "buy low, sell high".

Is this a great country or what?
:patriot:

Captain Matt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Captain Matt »

Oldgringo wrote:From what I gather, a lot of the 9mm and .45 Win White Box that used to be available at Wal-Mart for $20 and $30 per 100 respectively is now showing up at the gun shows for $30 and $40.
There's a sucker born every minute.
"hic sunt dracones"

Topic author
Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Abraham wrote:Right2Carry,

It looked like everything was marked up. A few of the sellers were complaining nobody was spending any money and yet from what I could they weren't budging much at all from the listed price for the hagglers. This was in sweetwater, Texas so it wasn't like the Fort Worth gun show or anything. The only good thing about it was that it was not posted 30.06.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”