Question about CHL class expiration

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jimdoe
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question about CHL class expiration

Post by Jimdoe »

Hello every one. Newbie here. I just want to know if the two years expiration is still current and has not change at all? I took the class a year ago by mid of next month, so it's getting close. I kept procrastinating in sending it in, between the paper work, fingerprinting and the $140 fee, I just kept pushing it. Your reply is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

A-R

Post by A-R »

Just finished instructor course. They told us the two-year grace period is still in effect. However, for renewals this time period is only 6 months.

wfrentress

Post by wfrentress »

Here's a question, my CHL 100 was taking 916 2016. Misplaced it in the house founded few weeks ago started my application. Question is as my CHL 100 expired

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

wfrentress wrote:Here's a question, my CHL 100 was taking 916 2016. Misplaced it in the house founded few weeks ago started my application. Question is as my CHL 100 expired

The CHL-100 is good for 2 years. Application is only good for 1 year.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

infoman

Post by infoman »

I think I can articulate this a bit better. 1. The LTC-100 certificate of training form is good for 2 years. 2. The online payment for the LTC application is good for 1 year. (in other words- you have 1 year to get your documents to DPS & get your prints taken). Then, if you send in missing/incomplete documents or need new prints- you get a rejection letter stating you have 90 Days to get DPS your stuff or else the application will be terminated. (meaning you’d have to repay the app fee AGAIN & get new prints taken AGAIN). Besically, don’t procrastinate with DPS, as soon as you get a letter or find out you’re missing something- don’t sit on it, do it ASAP. This also applies to those who get letters asking for court related documents based on criminal history- you have 90 Days. Hope this clears up some things.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”