I caught one... now what? (scenario)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 7

Re: I caught one... now what? (scenario)

Post by joe817 »

Hi 5thGen, and welcome to the forum! Yes, we have a great bunch of people here who have come together in a common cause. Glad to have you with us. (I'm 4th Gen myself).
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

I had some questions and concerns about what I should/could do if a situation like this happened in my home. After reading this post I have decided to go over with my family what to do if a situation like this happened. Thanks again to the forum for always providing great feedback for any situation. :tiphat:
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

If you find yourself holding them at gun point, have them back away from their weapon far enough that they cannot reach it in a lunge, have them place their hands on the back of their head and interlace their fingers, have them kneel down and cross their ankles, then tell them any movement on their part will have deadly consequences and then wait for the LEOs, stay away from them until then.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

HankB wrote:A few things to consider . . .

1. When you first saw an armed intruder in your house, why were you talking and not shooting?

2. How do you know - and I mean know - the bad guy is alone?

3. How much risk are you willing to assume for yourself and your family on behalf of the bad guy?
:iagree:

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

crazy2medic wrote:If you find yourself holding them at gun point, have them back away from their weapon far enough that they cannot reach it in a lunge, have them place their hands on the back of their head and interlace their fingers, have them kneel down and cross their ankles, then tell them any movement on their part will have deadly consequences and then wait for the LEOs, stay away from them until then.
Correct, thanks for the response.
Vence
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sugar land dave »

vjallen75 wrote:I had some questions and concerns about what I should/could do if a situation like this happened in my home. After reading this post I have decided to go over with my family what to do if a situation like this happened. Thanks again to the forum for always providing great feedback for any situation. :tiphat:
You just resurrected a seven year old thread. Still good information after all that time. ;-)
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

sugar land dave wrote:You just resurrected a seven year old thread. Still good information after all that time. ;-)
I searched for a while trying to see if this topic was already here. I pondered if I should post on it or just start a new thread. This forum is a great source of information and "what if's"

:thumbs2:
Vence

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sugar land dave »

Yes, all of that and good people too. :tiphat:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”