CHL into banks......

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Texas_Tactical
Posts in topic: 3

Re: CHL into banks......

Post by Texas_Tactical »

Beiruty wrote:here is brave heart, http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2011/0 ... rry-style/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This in Houghton, MIchigan.
:shock:

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

...gagged my way through the video...this guy's just trying to get some attention...reminds me of another like him in the southeast who kept on being a jerk till he finally got locked up...he doesn't represent us very well...all he proved is that he's a big bad man who knows how to curse and carry a gun...probably compensating for something...

gus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gus »

UFCU in Austin is not posted.

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

A bank in Chappel Hill, Tx changed its sign of a gun with a slash through it to welcome concealed handgun permit holders.

About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a sign on the front door prohibiting concealed weapons from his business and decided to make a policy change.

Licensed to carry a handgun? Come on in, and bring your weapon.

The sign, now prominently displayed on the bank's front door, says, "Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons."
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

Derf

Post by Derf »

I walked out of a Wells Fargo yesterday and into the tail end of an armed robbery in the parking lot. No, I wasn't armed, as my CHL is in the mail.

Any bank that forbids access to me based on my CHL status is a bank that I will no longer give my business to. Yesterday made sure of that.
"Victory goes to the one who has no thought of himself."- Shinkage School of Swordsmanship

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

kjolly wrote:A bank in Chappel Hill, Tx changed its sign of a gun with a slash through it to welcome concealed handgun permit holders.

About a month ago, Chappell Hill Bank president Edward Smith looked at a sign on the front door prohibiting concealed weapons from his business and decided to make a policy change.

Licensed to carry a handgun? Come on in, and bring your weapon.

The sign, now prominently displayed on the bank's front door, says, "Lawful concealed carry permitted on these premises. Management recognizes the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as an inalienable right of all citizens. We therefore support and encourage the carrying of licensed concealed weapons."
Although I applaud the Chappell Hill bank, it's been much longer than a month. i know I have seen the pic of that sign on their door for over a year. I googled and found this article from Aug 2010 http://www.brenhambanner.com/articles/2 ... news03.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by wgoforth on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MMac

Post by MMac »

joe817 wrote:
mill424 wrote:I'm looking for the law stating wether or not you may carry into a bank in Texas. can someone please send me a link to clarify this. Thanks for the help.
hi mill424, welcome to the forum! There's a wealth of information right here at your fingertips, and a great group of guys & gals to get to know. :tiphat:

There is no state law prohibiting a CHL holder to carry into a bank. There are statutes that do prohibit a holder from entering the premises: PC 411.204; PC 30.05; PC 30.06; PC 46.03, and PC 46.035.

Those statues can be looked up in the booklet Texas Concealed Handgun Laws and related statues found here:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/LS-16.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(this is the handbook given out in all CHL classes)

In order for a bank to prohibit a CHL from entering, it must be posted with a valid PC 30.06 sign which is very specific to language, size and location.

Hope that helps.
I couldn't find it with your link, but think I found it here:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetFo ... CHL-16.pdf
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Derf wrote:I walked out of a Wells Fargo yesterday and into the tail end of an armed robbery in the parking lot. No, I wasn't armed, as my CHL is in the mail.

Any bank that forbids access to me based on my CHL status is a bank that I will no longer give my business to. Yesterday made sure of that.

When your CHL arrives, that armed robbery won't magicaly disappear. Getting into a shootout in the parking lot might get you or other innocent bystanders killed. That CHL does not make you Batman! If the bank is willing to hand over the money and get the robber out of the bank, please don't take it upon yourself to interfer. You might get me or mine killed doing it.

Just asking. :tiphat:

nyj

Post by nyj »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Derf wrote:I walked out of a Wells Fargo yesterday and into the tail end of an armed robbery in the parking lot. No, I wasn't armed, as my CHL is in the mail.

When your CHL arrives, that armed robbery won't magicaly disappear. Getting into a shootout in the parking lot might get you or other innocent bystanders killed. That CHL does not make you Batman! If the bank is willing to hand over the money and get the robber out of the bank, please don't take it upon yourself to interfer. You might get me or mine killed doing it.

Where did you get that he is trying to be "batman"? He said there was a robbery taking place outside of the bank, in the parking lot.

03Lightningrocks

nyj wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Where did you get that he is trying to be "batman"? He said there was a robbery taking place outside of the bank, in the parking lot.

Yeah... your right, he didn't actually say he would come out blasting. But what on earth would be the connection between the three pieces of information he gave us? :???: Then again, I didn't actually SAY HE WAS TRYING TO BE BATMAN. I recommended he not do such a thing. I probably should have asked... "So what would you do if you had your CHL?" or maybe "So what does, not having your CHL yet, have to do with any of that?". My bad.

My request still stands. Please don't get anyone killed trying to be a hero. Yes, we can all carry concealed into a non-posted bank. Odds are that a robbery will not happen. if it does, think twice before trying to stop it with your concealed weapon. Chances are good the bad guys will start blasting anything that moves at first sight of your gun.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Yeah... your right, he didn't actually say he would come out blasting. But what on earth would be the connection between the three pieces of information he gave us?
The connection is obvious to me. He went into a bank unarmed. He came out to the scene of an armed robbery in the parking lot. That sobering scene made him realize that he never wanted to walk into a bank unarmed, because when he walks out he could be confronted by armed robbers in the bank parking lot.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

03Lightningrocks

baldeagle wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Yeah... your right, he didn't actually say he would come out blasting. But what on earth would be the connection between the three pieces of information he gave us?
The connection is obvious to me. He went into a bank unarmed. He came out to the scene of an armed robbery in the parking lot. That sobering scene made him realize that he never wanted to walk into a bank unarmed, because when he walks out he could be confronted by armed robbers in the bank parking lot.

That was what I thought too. Which is why I tossed in my sage words of wisdom. :coolgleamA:

wconn33

Post by wconn33 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
nyj wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

Yeah... your right, he didn't actually say he would come out blasting. But what on earth would be the connection between the three pieces of information he gave us? :???: Then again, I didn't actually SAY HE WAS TRYING TO BE BATMAN. I recommended he not do such a thing. I probably should have asked... "So what would you do if you had your CHL?" or maybe "So what does, not having your CHL yet, have to do with any of that?". My bad.

My request still stands. Please don't get anyone killed trying to be a hero. Yes, we can all carry concealed into a non-posted bank. Odds are that a robbery will not happen. if it does, think twice before trying to stop it with your concealed weapon. Chances are good the bad guys will start blasting anything that moves at first sight of your gun.
Just so I understand, you are saying that if you come across someone at gun point in a parking lot. You would just stand by and watch because we dont want to be "Batman" or maybe wait until after the robber has blown thier head off so as to be justified in taking your action? I dont know about you but if I see someone held at gun point or knife point then I consider thier life to be in danger.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
baldeagle wrote:

That was what I thought too. Which is why I tossed in my sage words of wisdom. :coolgleamA:
OK, you have me confused now. Are you saying that, if he's confronted by armed robbers in the bank parking lot, that he should not draw his weapon? Earlier I thought you had the impression that he was wanting to intervene in someone else's robbery, but the scenario I proposed is where he is being robbed. If you're asking him not to use his weapon in the latter case, then I have to ask, what is the purpose of a CHL?
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

alvins

Post by alvins »

jscfcu is posted because they guy who is president is well.. i dont have anything nice to say :lol:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”