Whole Foods Gun Policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Whole Foods Gun Policy

Post by LDB415 »

I can't imagine anyone carrying less than 100% of the time. Either that or where I am unable to know in advance when I will be in danger, others can miraculously know that for themselves. Until I develop that special talent I'll keep carrying all the time. Common sense demands it.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by drjoker »

LDB415 wrote:I can't imagine anyone carrying less than 100% of the time. Either that or where I am unable to know in advance when I will be in danger, others can miraculously know that for themselves. Until I develop that special talent I'll keep carrying all the time. Common sense demands it.
Some people work at a place where guns are banned by law and/or 30.06 posted. If the workplace provides armed security guards or off duty police officers then it's fine. Otherwise it woudl be immoral to ban guns at work. Anyways, if you can't carry at work, then you're only carrying 20 to 40% of the time when you go out, right?

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

Being retired I never think about work anymore. That would be a dilemma alright.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

drjoker wrote:Some people work at a place where guns are banned by law and/or 30.06 posted. If the workplace provides armed security guards or off duty police officers then it's fine. Otherwise it woudl be immoral to ban guns at work.
You have it backwards. If some place is known to be SO DANGEROUS THEY NEED ARMED SECURITY then it is absolutely immoral to deny someone with a CHL the ability to carry there. Whether they disarm victims through company policy or law, they are collaborators with the VCA they empower.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

tbrown wrote:
drjoker wrote:Some people work at a place where guns are banned by law and/or 30.06 posted. If the workplace provides armed security guards or off duty police officers then it's fine. Otherwise it woudl be immoral to ban guns at work.
You have it backwards. If some place is known to be SO DANGEROUS THEY NEED ARMED SECURITY then it is absolutely immoral to deny someone with a CHL the ability to carry there. Whether they disarm victims through company policy or law, they are collaborators with the VCA they empower.
My logic exactly. I also use this when asked if I want an extended warenty on a product.
They spend the sales kpitch telling me how good it is. At purchase they remind me how expensive it can be to repair.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

tXfactor

Post by tXfactor »

drjoker wrote:Honestly, I am not completely comfortable with guns and I would refuse to go shooting with anyone who is. Such people are often careless with guns. That's a recipe for disaster. There should be a little voice inside your head that says, "be careful, guns are not toys, they're DANGEROUS if you're not careful."

She only carries when she visits her friend in South Oak Cliff by herself. I only carry 20% of the time that I go out. Most CHL holders are like this. Very few people carry everywhere all the time. The people who do carry all the time usually only carry mouse guns. That's why during the ammo shortage, .380 ammo and .22lr ammo are impossible to find. It's all the new shooters and new CHL holders.

Are you sure you don't vote Democrat?

VMI77
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VMI77 »

drjoker wrote:
LDB415 wrote:I can't imagine anyone carrying less than 100% of the time. Either that or where I am unable to know in advance when I will be in danger, others can miraculously know that for themselves. Until I develop that special talent I'll keep carrying all the time. Common sense demands it.
Some people work at a place where guns are banned by law and/or 30.06 posted. If the workplace provides armed security guards or off duty police officers then it's fine. Otherwise it woudl be immoral to ban guns at work. Anyways, if you can't carry at work, then you're only carrying 20 to 40% of the time when you go out, right?
I don't understand your logic. We have armed security where I work, but if a disgruntled employee showed up and started shooting people, when seconds count, they'd be minutes away, just like the police. Also, what if the first person they shoot is the armed security guard? Being way out in the country, as we are, the police won't be showing up for a long time. Anyway, I can carry at work, so I am armed 100% of the time. In fact, I'm sitting at my desk right now with a CZ 75 PO1 Phantom, loaded with an 18 round mag with another 18 round mag on my belt.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Saw the new one in Highland Village (DFW area) posted, but I'm 99% sure the letters weren't 1" based on the size. Don't care because I don't shop there.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

tXfactor wrote:
drjoker wrote:Honestly, I am not completely comfortable with guns and I would refuse to go shooting with anyone who is. Such people are often careless with guns. That's a recipe for disaster. There should be a little voice inside your head that says, "be careful, guns are not toys, they're DANGEROUS if you're not careful."

She only carries when she visits her friend in South Oak Cliff by herself. I only carry 20% of the time that I go out. Most CHL holders are like this. Very few people carry everywhere all the time. The people who do carry all the time usually only carry mouse guns. That's why during the ammo shortage, .380 ammo and .22lr ammo are impossible to find. It's all the new shooters and new CHL holders.

Are you sure you don't vote Democrat?
Whoa, them's fight'in words, pardner!
But, seriously, why would you say this?! Do Democrats carry mouse guns? Hmmm, let me think, let's say that anything less than .38 special / 9mm in power (ft/lbs) is a mouse gun. Now, let me think of all my friends who own guns. Most of my friends are Rep/conservative, except for 2. These 2 own a .380 and a .22WMR handgun and they vote Dem! Does a higher percentage of Dems carry mouse guns? Is that why you said this? I don't carry a mouse gun usually, but I own some and carry them occasionally, when I want to keep a low profile. For example, if I'm visiting a gunbuster place (not 30.06), I'll carry a mouse gun. Most of the time, it's a G19 in 9mm.

Or is it because I have friends who live in Oak Cliff? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they vote Dem, but not I, no siree! There are certain people who I just avoid talking politics with. I'm pretty sure that most people avoid certain topics around the dinner table at family reunions to avoid starting WWIII. That doesn't make you a Dem, does it?

Or is it my admonition about gun safety? If you don't think gun safety is important, then I really have nothing to discuss with you. Complacency breeds accidents. When I was a teenager, I did not fear cars. I did not think that they were dangerous. I drove like a maniac. I got into a lot of accidents. I even wanted a motorcycle. Now, I work in the the ER. I see people come in all mangled. I fear cars and recognize that they're dangerous. I no longer drive like a maniac. It has been many years since my last accident or ticket.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

VMI77 wrote:
drjoker wrote:
I don't understand your logic. We have armed security where I work, but if a disgruntled employee showed up and started shooting people, when seconds count, they'd be minutes away, just like the police. Also, what if the first person they shoot is the armed security guard? Being way out in the country, as we are, the police won't be showing up for a long time. Anyway, I can carry at work, so I am armed 100% of the time. In fact, I'm sitting at my desk right now with a CZ 75 PO1 Phantom, loaded with an 18 round mag with another 18 round mag on my belt.
It's not logic, it's necessity. Some people have to work at the post office, 30.06 posted hospital (remember when ALL hospitals were off limits?), 51% bar, etc. If you have to work at these places, it is a little less odious if they provide an armed guard or an off duty police officer.

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GEM-Texas »

A Nov. 7 update or not?

The San Antonio WF on Blanco and 1604 has on it's main entrance - no 30.06 but new type of sign that says weapons are forbidden except if you have a CHL (not the old blue sign).

I didn't check the other entrance to see if it still had a 30.06. If they did - that would be contradictory.

Anyone else see this sort of thing?

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

GEM-Texas wrote:A Nov. 7 update or not?

The San Antonio WF on Blanco and 1604 has on it's main entrance - no 30.06 but new type of sign that says weapons are forbidden except if you have a CHL (not the old blue sign).

I didn't check the other entrance to see if it still had a 30.06. If they did - that would be contradictory.

Anyone else see this sort of thing?
They're building one here in Las Colinas, but it won't open for a year. Will be interesting to see if they post it.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GEM-Texas »

I got a better look at the new sign. It's a weird one. It says that they have to post a sign saying that you cannot have a weapon the store unless you have a CHL. BUT - then it says that carry is forbidden under 30.06 even though they said it could be OK if licensed.

However, this is no where near a compliant sign. The non compliant 30.06 is separated by a far distance from this sign.

Very weird.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MeMelYup »

GEM-Texas wrote:I got a better look at the new sign. It's a weird one. It says that they have to post a sign saying that you cannot have a weapon the store unless you have a CHL. BUT - then it says that carry is forbidden under 30.06 even though they said it could be OK if licensed.

However, this is no where near a compliant sign. The non compliant 30.06 is separated by a far distance from this sign.

Very weird.
Pictures pls?

mmtex63

Post by mmtex63 »

TxRVer wrote:Just think of a gun-busters sign as a reminder to the unlicensed that carrying, for them, is illegal. ;-)

Exactly, keep the one's that don't know better from carrying inside.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”