Whole Foods Gun Policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Whole Foods Gun Policy

Post by sjfcontrol »

LDB415 wrote:So your argument is going to be that

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"

isn't valid because a few words were removed but adding words to the "must be identical to" doesn't change the wording and make it different than what the law demands it be identical to. That's certainly an available option you are welcome to but I'm going with deleting or adding words being equal errors and both invalidating the sign. Not as a blatant test case, but as my belief.
Good luck with that. Please don't advise any of my CHL students regarding your beliefs.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

Did anyone else find it funny that a chl intervened to stop a guy from beating a woman directly outside a WF store? And the store appears clearly in the incident video.

Hilarious.

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=75573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

Being 300 or so miles apart I doubt I'd run into any of your students. I'd hope they could have a conversation including differences in beliefs and survive and continue on with no problems. I don't expect everyone to agree. I just believe that adding to and taking away from are the same. They both cause change and that invalidates the sign. If one can editorialize and add to it with no effect then one should be able to edit and subtract from it with no effect. That means I could post a sign "State law 30.06, no guns allowed even with a CHL" and you would be a criminal if you entered my premises. Either it has to be identical with zero changes added or subtracted or it doesn't have to be identical, just convey the message.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

rp_photo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rp_photo »

teds787 wrote: She kept pushing, saying I should respect the wishes of the store.
I don't have much respect for such misguided wishes.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”