Katy Mills Mall

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

A-R
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Katy Mills Mall

Post by A-R »

@chasfm11, at the risk of putting this thread way off topic, and knowing some but not all of the history of the Grapevine PD/Grapevine Mills Mall issue, has anyone taken up this topic with the district attorney's office up there? Or even the Texas AGs office? Remembering history of pre-30.06 CHL law, there were a ton of requests to AG for clarification regarding trespassing with a gun all of which ultimately led to passing PC 30.06. If a police department in Texas is still unclear as to the obvious intent of PC 30.06, perhaps the DA or AG can clarify it for them in writing?

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by drjoker »

VMaxer wrote:Overall, this situation sort of ticks me off. I've been to Grapevine Mills Mall twice, each time entering through J.C. Penney. I looked, saw no sign, and proceeded inside and then into the mall. Now I find out I may have put myself at sort level of regulatory risk, thanks to the sloppy (or intentional) posting policy of the mall owners.

Dear mall owners, if you don't want my business - fine. At least have the cajones to tell me.
Actually, J.C. Penny probably took down all the signs at their entrances because they don't want to lose business.

jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Effective notice is clearly defined in the penal code. Posting on the intrawebzz about it ain't effective notice.
Having clearly marked 30.06 postings at every entrance is.

When I went to Katy Mills, I had my kids with me. That is a distraction all onto itself. They should be posted conspicuously and clearly.
Obviously it is the intent of the mall mangement that I not spend my money in that mall.
Fine by me.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

austinrealtor wrote:@chasfm11, at the risk of putting this thread way off topic, and knowing some but not all of the history of the Grapevine PD/Grapevine Mills Mall issue, has anyone taken up this topic with the district attorney's office up there? Or even the Texas AGs office? Remembering history of pre-30.06 CHL law, there were a ton of requests to AG for clarification regarding trespassing with a gun all of which ultimately led to passing PC 30.06. If a police department in Texas is still unclear as to the obvious intent of PC 30.06, perhaps the DA or AG can clarify it for them in writing?
I'm sorry but I don't know the history. I believe that the owners of the Katy Mall and Grapevine Mills are the same but it appears that they have taken a different path in each location. The last time that I saw GM, the signs where not 30.06 compliant but I'm going to try to take a ride there in the next day or so to see if that has changed. If it is now a 30.06, then any action other than with the mall owners is a waste of time.

I'm in a quandary as to whether to start with the PD or the DA's office. I figured that I could get an easier hearing with the PD since I'm not a resident of that town. I don't think that going to the Texas AG is necessarily the best initial contact. If I don't get a reasonable response locally, maybe then it is time to try the AG.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”