[Pre-paid legal service] vs CHL Protection Plan

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bowserb
Posts in topic: 5

Re: [Pre-paid legal service] vs CHL Protection Plan

Post by bowserb »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:The NRA insurance is a reimbursement policy because it is against public policy in Texas and every other state to insure against criminal conduct.
That's good information. I was not aware of that, even though when you say it, it makes perfect sense. A prepaid legal expense plan is different from insurance...right?
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I have mixed emotions about pre-paid legal plans being discussed on TexasCHLforum. It's a legitimate discussion and many of our Members are certainly interested. On the other hand, we had to ban two "Members" who are connected with one of the plans because he/they joined solely to promote their program under the guise of responding to questions. They painted rosy pictures about the plan, but never responded to questions about what isn't covered/provided.
Chas.
There will always be trolls. If you avoid a topic because of them, then many many topics will be off limits, and this plus all the forums will have little reason to exist. Someone asks here, "How about that MagicGun 9-45" Someone else gives a glowing report of its qualities. That person might be a gun owner or might be a Magicgun employee. That's one reason we have moderators like you--to catch 'em. Thank you.
Bill
"If I were the Devil, I'd take from those who have and give to those who wanted until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious." -Paul Harvey, 1964

bat1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bat1 »

bowserb wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:.. we had to ban two "Members" who are connected with one of the plans because he/they joined solely to promote their program under the guise of responding to questions. They painted rosy pictures about the plan, but never responded to questions about what isn't covered/provided.
Chas.
Humm, And, I was trusting everything on this board :mrgreen:

Yep, back in the 2001 Stock market crash, I lost some funds by a group running a Boiler room, as I had found out later..

I have learned my lesson, and do my own researcher :thumbs2:

BUT, I will admit, dealing with lawyers (No offense Charles :mrgreen: ) and the details of the working of a law office, it is hard do decide. Expectantly on a subject as this..

My plan :grumble at least the best I came up with, I have chose a law office, and after much research I believe it will work for me, and as Charles states, I personally will not disclose the firm I use.

My plan, IF someone had to uses this firm, for a shooting, it will most likely be BIG News (like Joe Horn), I see how they work..

Also, I would not want someone to use the same firm, based on my comments. I found, that I'm not always correct :roll: at least that what my wife says "rlol"

BAT

jmsfmtex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmsfmtex »

Once again too much information is not a good thing. I have read all the responses, in this link, and now more confused than before. Guess I will just pick one (leaning towards [pre-paid legal]) and then see what happens if I am unfortunate enough to have to call upon their services. It appears that no one has any real life experiences to draw from. Lawyers and their contracts will always have a clause or two, written in small letters and in legalize, to cover themselves and to be able justification to withdraw. But who else do we have?
USN (59-80)

AEA

Post by AEA »

Public Defender.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

jmsfmtex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmsfmtex »

You are absolutely correct. Guess I should find a lawyer.
USN (59-80)

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Horsley and Stewart out of Dallas has the defenders program pay $ 130.00 per year say
they are good anywhere in the state will cover all expenses thruogh trial both civil and Criminal.
I signed up with them I hope I never have to find out how good it really is an a real life situation
Was given a broshure from them by my CHL instructor. I went with them because I'm an Arlington resident
and they are close by
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Interesting--hmmm will have to check in VA and see what is what here.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

texas-sig
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texas-sig »

stephengauntt wrote:Horsley and Stewart out of Dallas has the defenders program pay $ 130.00 per year say
they are good anywhere in the state will cover all expenses thruogh trial both civil and Criminal.
I signed up with them I hope I never have to find out how good it really is an a real life situation
Was given a broshure from them by my CHL instructor. I went with them because I'm an Arlington resident
and they are close by
Got a link with some info i can check out? Thanks.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”